The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 3, 2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Stripeknight

The luckiest SOB Ever! ((Noveske))

I must be the luckiest SOB ever.. So I was calling around looking for a stripped AR upper and AK parts kit for the AR and AK lowers I just purchased, during my call to one (undisclosed) shop, the guy on the other end of the line asked why I wasn't looking for a fully built rifle to which I replied that there were none left and even if you find them they are 3 to 5 times over priced...... The guy said I should show up at his shop in an hour and made me promise not to say a word to anyone about my confusing inside tip , he wouldnt tell me why I was showing up or his name .

So I showed up and hung around the various mostly empty (no black guns to speak of) counters and walked the store for nearly an hour and a half, just as I was about to give up and walk out of the store feeling like I had wasted my time, one of the sales men behind the counter yells out, who wants an AR ?

I immediatly yelled me and he waved me over with about 12 guys behind me also yelling for one. He pulled out a brand new still covered in oil loaded Noveske AR with several extras including a GEN 2 lower and all Magpul furniture. He also explained that his shop refused to mark up any firearms in these panicked times and hoped I would remember that and spread the word, I promised I would and will......

In summary I got one of 7 Noveske AR's which sold out in under 60 seconds.... I was told that I was in the right place at the right time and to purchase a lottery ticket....

My luck held out through the day as I found a source selling new stripped lowers and barells for my AR build Franken gun, now if I could only find a great AK parts kit and AR complete bolt carier group at standard non marked up prices I'll finish my other builds!

I'm pretty sure when the **** hits the fan I'll reach for my shiny new super hyped Noveske AR, that is if of course if my Springfield Socom 16 is not readily availible!

I forgot to tell you all the best part. I wasn't really even really all that aware of the Noveske brand until today, I was somewhat in the market for an LMT or Colt a few months back

Cheers!

Last edited by Stripeknight; January 4, 2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: More appropriate title!
Old January 3, 2013, 03:43 AM   #2
Xfire68

You forgot to say what you paid?
Old January 3, 2013, 03:49 AM   #3
LockedBreech

Provided you paid a fair price, that's one of the finest ARs on the market, congrats.
Old January 3, 2013, 04:23 AM   #4
dikroundtree

I was also at said undisclosed location with phenomenal service and picked up one of seven also!

I was just shopping for mags for a discountinued handgun and i was shocked to hear they had a few available. Took me all but 5 seconds to decide.

Not sent from an IPhone
Old January 3, 2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Steve_in_SEMich

2 of the 7 Noveske rifles that were bought in less than 60 seconds at a store without a name or location by 2 people that joined The Firing Line Forums yesterday and didn't post the price or their location? Crap - there goes my New Year's resolution of trying to believe everything on the internet is true...
Old January 3, 2013, 08:51 AM   #6
hulley

Ok, with out pics its just a cool made-up story.
Show that bad boy! I love the Noveske!
Old January 3, 2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Fishbed77

Quote:
Ok, with out pics its just a cool made-up story.
Ditto. Gotta see pics or it doesn't exist.
Old January 3, 2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Stripeknight

Haha! I wouldn't of written that long post about what happened yesterday if it weren't true!

I promise to post pics of it as soon as I can pick it up after my back ground check is up. The rifle was just over $1700 before taxes and inlcluded several upgrades ordered from the manufacturer including gen 2 lower, muzzle break, etc.

In the meantime I'll keep you wolves at bay with one of my other rifles . I'll give you a hint, it's never jammed after a thousand rounds, is ultra accurate and is an early model with Swiss parts:

Old January 3, 2013, 08:22 PM   #9
DasGuy

Sounds like a good deal for a Noveske.
Old January 4, 2013, 10:09 AM   #10
hulley

Sweet rifle! Its familiar but I cant think of the exact model.
Old January 4, 2013, 10:26 AM   #11
bustersmaster

What happened to the "remembering and spreading the word" thing? I think they wanted a little good will by holding their prices down and maybe you're supposed to tell us the name and location of their shop?
Old January 4, 2013, 10:54 AM   #12
Xfire68

Agreed^^^^^^you bought your rifle let some others do the same.
Old January 6, 2013, 12:57 AM   #13
bustersmaster

As a side note, I just read on a website that Mr. Noveske was just killed in an auto accident. So sorry.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:02 AM   #14
Stripeknight

It's true, he died Friday in a car colision and was ejected from the vehicle, not seat belt was used. He was only 36 years old and from what I can tell one of the most successful high quality AR producers. I was shocked and sadened to hear of his death.
Old January 6, 2013, 01:13 AM   #15
HKFan9

It is sad indeed.... he really was one of the GREATEST minds in his craft. Noveske AR's are top shelf with no question. It is especially sad to loose someone such high valued in the field in such a scary time for us in the business.

On a less depressing note... AR's are still out there... where I work has gotten dribs and drabs in... and a few other local shops I know the staff at have been getting them in too. It is ridiculous what people are trying to sell for way too much money... but at the same time I can understand the panic.

Glad to hear you were lucky enough to score a great rifle at a reasonable price however.