The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 4, 2009, 03:20 PM   #1
JackSparrow

Winchester SX3

I've got an SX3 that I use for deer/bear hunting in southern Minnesota and love the thing, but I've got a few questions.

1.) Are there rifled barrels available? and how much are they?

2.) Are there pistol grip stocks available (preferably wood)? How much?

3.) What are some good bolt-on fiber optic rifle sights for the ribbed barrel? Mine won't stay set.

Thanks
Old December 4, 2009, 07:26 PM   #2
musicmatty

Is that the new "Winchester' model shotgun?? Where did you find it?? I have not seen a new Winchester anywhere.
Old December 4, 2009, 08:13 PM   #3
JackSparrow

I've had it since like August 2008, bought it from the local gun dealer. They're not too hard to find really...around here anyway.

They're beautiful firearms, extremely light, and extremely smooth. My Dad's benelli has nothing on my SX3. Extremely easy to clean too. You can pull the trigger assembly out with 2 pins, and it pops right out. The bolt assembly is basically 3 pieces, and it slides right out.

I'd just love to have a pistol grip stock on it, made from the same wood the original stock is made out of, and some better rifle sights for it.
Old December 7, 2009, 06:39 PM   #4
JackSparrow

well this is depressing... No one has experience with this gun and modifying it a bit?
Old December 8, 2009, 08:02 PM   #5
musicmatty

There must be a 'Winchester' contact # on their Website for help and questions/customer service??
http://www.winchesterguns.com