The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 18, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Cheapshooter

Crossbreed Mini-Tuck VS Galco King Tuck VS Comp-Tac Minotaur VS etc. etc.

So how do all these hybrid IWB holsters compare? I think I've decided that my Kahr CM9 might just have to ride in one. While it fits OK in my front pocket, and doesn't print as anything looking like a gun in my DeSantis Nemesis, it is harder to get out of some pants pocket s with smaller pocket openings.
Just wondering what everyone's opinion of each is. Especially if you have had experience, good or bad, with several of them.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old August 18, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2
MagnumWill

I don't have a Mini Tuck, but my carry holster is the Super Tuck from CrossBreed. The way they made that holster, and the way it makes my 800-pound Colt disappear on my belt, I would have no reservations getting the smaller guy for my wife's Sig (Kahr sized). You'll have to wait a few weeks to get it, but it is worth every penny. So far, my carry guns will only have one holster each from CrossBreed. Plus, he's a super nice guy to boot bit of a religious nut, but he can build a hell of a holster

However, I do also give a thumbs up to the Minotaur- a good friend of mine carries his PPS in one, and that light little gun (compared to my Colt) just freakin' disappeared on my belt. It distributed the weight enough to where it felt like I was carrying my iPhone in its little Otterbox clip on my belt. The only thing that makes me choose the Crossbreed is it comes with metal clips, not plastic. Plus, the CB you can choose what leather you want (maybe too with the CT, but not sure).
Old August 18, 2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

I don't have any of the ones specifically mentioned, but I researched most of the heather/kydex hybrid IWBs before I boutght mine. I bought a Theis: http://theisholsters.com/
Old August 19, 2012, 08:32 AM   #4
mrt949

Tried a crossbreed it was a pain for my usage .Ended buying a GALCO TRITON easy on easy off adjustable for any position on your side .Give it a look .
Old August 19, 2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Cheapshooter

I should have added to my question that Crossbreed touts the Mini-Tuck as being great fro someone of small stature. Far from my size in deed! I did notice however that that is the only model they make for the CM9. At 6'3 and 300+ would any of these holsters be OK?
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old August 21, 2012, 10:32 AM   #6
dgludwig

Of the holsters mentioned, my only experience has been with the Galco "King Tuk". I like it a lot, it seems to be well-made and designed (actually, a close copy of the CrossBreed original) and it carries my SIG Models 226 and 220 Carry as well-concealed as the many other iwb holsters I have tried and more comfortable than most.