The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 2, 2010, 09:11 PM   #26
Wobble

After reading these old posts early last year, I bought my conversion cylinder from Midway USA AFTER verifying that they had them is stock. I'm sorry for your misfortune but at least your posts have helped others from falling into the same trap. So thanks and best wishes.
Old April 3, 2010, 02:38 PM   #27
herb

Talk about just in time!!! I was getting ready to order direct from Howell's, lady said she had what I wanted just last week....think I'll get product thru EMF , Taylor's, or Midway. My guess is they are too busy filling big orders to worry about small purchases/reworks.
Old April 5, 2010, 04:42 PM   #28
Duck Dodgers

You might consider Kirst. I haven't seen their parts personally but, I have read good things about their conversion cylinders.

They also have ejector rods and a cylinder for the Remmy Pocket. (Something Howell has been advertising and not delivering for a year or more.)

BTW. Tried calling Howell twice. Left message. No reply.
Old May 20, 2010, 06:52 AM   #29
JNewell

About three weeks ago I sent one of my ROAs and a very, very tight (overlength) conversion cylinder to R&D for fitting. They turned it around in one day and it works perfectly...
Old June 17, 2010, 03:39 PM   #30
Square Butte

I just registered so I could add a post to this thread. Ken Howell has had two of my 1860 colt army civillians (cimarron) sent for conversion - for 6 and a half years. Yes, that's right - six and a half years. Every year a different lie, or same old lie. New delivery date, etc., etc.. I have not been able to get them back. I kinda don't think I will never see them again. Have been thinking about filing a police report and an inssurance claim. It's disheartening to have to try and deal with someone in the firearms business who exhibits so little integrity. I'm still looking for a solution to this problem.
Old February 12, 2011, 11:24 AM   #31
One Thumb

More on R&D

I just stumbled on to this thread, and I have to add to it. In 1995 I obtained a 1861 Navy Colt (reprodutuction) cartridge conversion from Howell, his serial #2. That same year I returned it to him for a timing tune-up (cylinder over-travel). I haven't seen it since, nor has Howell responded to any of my subsequent attempts to get information from him. Did you notice the date on this post? The guy's a crook. I'm commencing legal action against him.
Old February 12, 2011, 08:52 PM   #32
Hardy

I never had any problems getting them but I'm a retailer. I have 2 in shop right now-44c for colts and 44 c for rems. (Pietta only) but they are expensive. I sell for less than R/D E-mail me at bhardy 360 @aol.com.
Old February 13, 2011, 01:51 PM   #33
Hylander

WOW
You guys need to file Charges against that company
Old February 13, 2011, 07:03 PM   #34
MJN77

What Hylander said! Why would you wait six and a half years or since 1995 to get your guns back!?!? To each his own. Good luck.
Old February 13, 2011, 08:38 PM   #35
flatheadsal

I'd get a cheap flight and pay that man a visit after 6 1/2 yrs