The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 11, 2006, 03:24 PM   #1
DynaBMan

Holster for Ruger Redhawk

I have a new (to me) 1987 Ruger Redhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel that I am going to be hunting whitetail deer with this fall. I had planned on getting an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holser and belt to match and carry cross draw. I used to carry that way with a 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk. I have had Uncle Mike's shoulder hosters before and I must say I wasn't really comfortable with them at all. I know there is an across the chest shoulder holster, but it is much simpler to just snap on a belt and go. I would be interested in see what you folks would suggest.
Old June 11, 2006, 06:33 PM   #2
frankt

I have a Redhawk also and carry it scoped and I also have a T/C with a 14" barrel. I tried different options for carrying but the cross the chest bandolier holster just works best for me.

It protects the gun while I am climbing into a tree stand and keeps the gun handy.

If I am still hunting or walking to or from a stand and it is legal shooting light,I always have the firearm in my hand and ready to use it
Old June 11, 2006, 09:47 PM   #3
DynaBMan

Quote:
I have a Redhawk also and carry it scoped and I also have a T/C with a 14" barrel. I tried different options for carrying but the cross the chest bandolier holster just works best for me.

It protects the gun while I am climbing into a tree stand and keeps the gun handy.

If I am still hunting or walking to or from a stand and it is legal shooting light,I always have the firearm in my hand and ready to use it
Only one problem. My Redhawk isn't scoped and probably won't be. So far, the only bandolier holster that I have found is those for scoped weapons. Any ideas?
Old June 18, 2006, 08:09 AM   #4
WESHOOT2

left turn

I use a belt holster custom-made by Milt Sparks, their HSR.
I originally had it made for my 5.5" Redhawks but found, due to its open bottom, it would fit my 7.5" 357 Redhawk, too.

Expensive, beautiful, fast (IPSC and carry), worth it.

Just me...
Old June 18, 2006, 06:12 PM   #5
wild willy

Bianchi Model 4100 size 08 is for unscoped guns