The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old January 22, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1
scouty

Certified Reloader

Hi All, Does anyone have any info on this Phoenix State University Certified Reloader course. It's online for $99 bucks. Site says you'll save on supplies, and still be able to reload and buy suppliesif any bans are enacted. I can't find a web address for the site. So if anyone wants to try and check this out I'd try Phoenix State University web site, online courses. I've had this site in my favorites for quite awhile, I tend to lean towards this being a ripoff. Any input guys. Thanks for reading this.
Old January 22, 2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Don H

Scam.
Old January 22, 2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Jim243

Never heard of them, but I don't think you need to take a course for reloading. As far as I know, midway has a series of CD's on reloading as well as gunsmithing. If you are interested in reloading, this is a good buy http://www.cabelas.com/p-0024487619831a.shtml

If you want to be come a certified instructor you could try the NRA here is their certified application. http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/reload_val.asp
Old January 22, 2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Russ5924

Sounds like a good way to waste your money for nothing
Old January 22, 2010, 10:45 PM   #5
wncchester

"Does anyone have any info on this Phoenix State University Certified Reloader course. It's online for $99 bucks."

Save your money. For a measly $40, I'll print you two copies of a really nice looking diploma, sign them and send them to you along with a brand new copy of the Lyman #49 manual to study. You will learn more by reading that book and my sheepskins will get you every courtesy that non-existant "certiification" program will.

Fraud.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:50 PM   #6
whitedogone

I wonder if you can get some of that Obama money to pay for the class.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:59 PM   #7
dfe2240

Quote:
Save your money. For a measly $40, I'll print you two copies of a really nice looking diploma, sign them and send them to you along with a brand new copy of the Lyman #49 manual to study. You will learn more by reading that book and my sheepskins will get you every courtesy that non-existent "certification" program will.
I'll do it for $30 and send you three diplomas. Or you can save your money, listen to the advice of the guys posting here and learn a whole lot more.
Old January 23, 2010, 06:07 AM   #8
Stargazer

Don't even go there on the premise that "something" may happen and this will allow you to continue to reload and buy supplies. It may happen one day but I do not see it happening very soon. What most do not realize is that us reloaders have NOT shot every bullet or loaded every primer or scoop of powder we have. We all have the potential to produce billions of rounds even if all reloading supplies stopped today.

Heed the advice from all here, that is a scam. Most of us never had anyone show us what to do. We buy the equipment, read the books, read the books again and we start reloading.

M70 Web Page
Old January 23, 2010, 09:01 AM   #9
shooter_from_show-me

Geeze, they "PSU" even have a e-home FFL licence kit for $10.00

NRA Life Member
Old January 23, 2010, 06:03 PM   #10
the_right_reverend

Phoenix State University

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:Is...ity_accredited

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/B...niversity.aspx

nuff said
Old January 23, 2010, 06:30 PM   #11
troy_mclure

there is however an NRA basic metallic cartridge reloading course going around that is supposed to be pretty helpful to beginners.

check it out here. http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old January 23, 2010, 08:31 PM   #12
wncchester

"I'll do it for $30 and send you three diplomas. Or you can save your money, listen to the advice of the guys posting here and learn a whole lot more."

Hey DFE, note that I'm also tossing in a free $28 Lyman "text book"!
Old January 23, 2010, 08:45 PM   #13
Shane Tuttle
Staff

This isn't going anywhere.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread