The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 23, 2008, 06:37 PM   #1
Sigma 40 Blaster

Smith & Wesson 12 LED Galaxy Light

I have a training class tomorrow that includes a low light session and requires a flashlight. I didn't notice that until today, had no time (or money) to get a Surefire but I saw this S&W 12 LED Galaxy light at Academy and decided to get it. It's not compact or a pocket light, not quite a full size light...kind of a tweener.

Has anyone had any experience using this bad boy?

It's pretty cool, there are 2 red LEDs, 2 blue LED's, and 8 bright white LED's. You click one button for red or blue and another one for white. Playing with this in a dark room I saw a lot of value for using the red or blue light vs. the white light depending on the situation. Not to mention that when I looked into the white light like a dummy it took a minute for me to be able to see again.

So did I buy a useless toy for one class or should I put this thing next to my "bump in the night" gun?
Old May 25, 2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Moe Howard

I have had one for about 3 years, it stays in my OS bag so it doesn't get much of a workout but I really like the size for certain things. It is a decent light for the money.