The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 7, 2005, 12:51 PM   #26
beenthere

Fanny Pack

I agree with John. I had to give up the wallet in a back pocket afret my third back operation (should have done it earlier). The belt pack carries wallet and CCW plus keysand Medicines quite handily.

I compound the problem by wearing wearing cheap pants from Wally with their undersize pockets. The shorts are even worse and I often can't get my hand in the front pocket to reach change.
The weak, and those unwilling to make the struggle, soon resign their liberties for the protection of powerful men or paid armies; they begin by being protected, they end by being subjected. Louis L'Amour
Old September 9, 2005, 05:11 AM   #27
Apple a Day

Animal,
No, it just means you need to stop being lazy and shave higher. Careful, though!
Old September 9, 2005, 07:05 AM   #28
CajunBass

I carry in a fanny pack most of the time now. Not just a "fanny pack", but the dreaded "black, leather, fanny pack". Does it look "dorky," or "gay,"? Does it make me look like a mall ninja? Does it scream "GUN?"

I don't know and don't really care.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old September 9, 2005, 08:50 AM   #29
Derius_T

Think I'm actually going to look into one for this winter, specifically designed for carry purposes. The only reason I haven't gotten one yet, is I do think they look really gay.....as in queer.....as in really stupid.....AND they seem to scream loudly either DORK! or GUN!

But.....maybe I'll try one. They seem useful. And maybe the 1st person that calls me a fag I can shoot 'em. (Just kiddin)
Old September 9, 2005, 10:49 AM   #30
Bobshouse

A derringer fits quite nicely against my thigh when secured by a garter...
pulls the hairs on my leg sometimes, though.

Does that make me look gay ? -Animal

Dont know...how high do you have to lift your skirt to draw the gun?