The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 9, 2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Qbert

Finally made my purchase!

Well, after doing my homework over the last couple months I've finally ordered my first shotgun. Getting the wife's approval to sign off on the investment wasn't too hard either after someone bypassed the security guard shack in our community who we later found peeping in our bedroom window casing the house. Luckily we have a couple large dogs who went ape[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] and scared them off. So I ordered a few accessories too, let me know what you all think. I'll post pictures after I get it and put everything on.

-Mossberg 930 Field/Security Combo (18.5" barrel & 28" barrel)
-Choate 3 shell magazine extension
-Choate combat bolt handle
-Nordic Components tube clamp w/Picatiny tactical mini-rail
-Mount an Uncle Mike's heavy duty quick release sling swivel to the othersideof the tube clamp for the time being and pickup a cheap sling
-My last and final touch will be the Surefire X300 that I'm going to go pick up tomorrow from their store and mount on the tube clamp mini-rail

I'm still looking for a good recoil pad so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Set me back more than I initially was looking to spend, but in the end I got exactly what I was looking for with all the accessories I wanted for just under $1,000. With its versatility, home defense is covered and I'll have the ability to trap shoot which I've really wanted to do more of.
Old September 9, 2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Smitty in CT

Congrats on the new gun!!!

Make sure to strip the gun down and use a good degreaser (like Gun Scrubber or Brake Cleaner) to get the factorty grease out of your 930. Once that stuff heats up it gets "gummy" and is even harder to clean out. Spray everything down with CLP or your favorite gun oil and wipe off any excess.

The Limbsaver 10201 fits the 930....

Practice, Practice, and Practice some more using your new shotgun, that way, you'll be able to use it without even thinking in a stressful situation...

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton