The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 14, 2000, 07:39 PM   #1
Matt

Gander Mountain has a 3"auto for 319 dollars.Seems like a to good to be true price,and i've never heard of them before.any thoughts?
thanks
Matt
Old February 23, 2000, 07:47 PM   #2
BigT

Matt, I don't know too much about them. I've looked at the Daly HD pump, it's right around $200. It looks good, well made. I was told it's made in Turkey, it has chrome chamber and the fit and finish look very nice. Just haven't heard much about how they shoot. HTH, Tom
Old February 24, 2000, 11:08 AM   #3
General Tso

Turkey? Hmm, I had heard all the Charles Daley stuff was being made in the Phillipines. The .45's are for sure. maybe the shotguns aren't though.
Old November 25, 2009, 10:49 PM   #4
kevin.frain

just bought a 12 gauge auto by charles 1st time shooting it will not eject shells ,took the duck plug out it all came apart can not find a manaual no anwsers will not request to any one paid $432.00
Old November 26, 2009, 12:55 AM   #5
jakec2789

kevin, you paid way too much for a charles daily shot gun. however, some guys i hunt with in NC shoot them religiously and swear by them with buckshot. dont know how they perform with birds though. but the pattern well, and hold up in swamps, on nasty rainy days with buckshot in them though.
Old November 26, 2009, 07:14 PM   #6
ebutler462

The lifetime warranty, with free shipping both ways, is a good deal. CD does it for the life of the gun.
Old November 27, 2009, 05:31 AM   #7
DWARREN123

I have the CD Field Grade in 12ga and 20ga, both work well.
Old November 27, 2009, 09:23 AM   #8
Runngun

I repaired a friends' CD autoloader, (he never cleaned it or read the manual on how to take it apart), and once I got it cleaned and the gas piston fixed, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it shot. Not fancy, but seemed like a good deal for a first autoloader. My oldest son shot it extremely well. No malfunctions in 150 rounds I shot after I repaired it, and hulls ejected briskly.
Old November 27, 2009, 08:39 PM   #9
MoBart

Iffy and not consistant I think

I bought one of the tactical or HD pumps by charles daly a couple years ago. I was still on active duty and got it out fo the Marine Exchange for SUPER CHEAP like $160 or something new in the box. The shell interuptor/holder that keeps shells from poping out of the magazine tube and into the action was worthless. I had constant problams with rounds jumping back and locking the gun up under recoil as well as when it was loaded initially. Alot of people say that they are well made though, so its probably a ater of inconsitant manufacture, get a good one and they are great, get one like I had and your out of luck I guess. I didn't know about he lifetime guantee though, I might have sent ti back rather then trading it off at the first gun show like I did, lol
Old November 27, 2009, 09:30 PM   #10
OlympicArmsFan

Take a look over at Budsgunshop.com and see what they have them for. I have no first hands experince with them but have heard a few guys that like them.

The price is not bad but you can get a 500 or a Remington in that price range.

Good luck on what you go with.
Old November 29, 2009, 09:05 PM   #11
RangerHAAF

I used to have one and it was a very good solid shooting shotgun; it was on the light side and kicked terrible if I shot magnums in it but otherwise you shouldn't have any problems. A new one or one in 100% condition shouldn't cost over $275 in it's basic configuration. If there's a pistol grip stock,Picatinny rail, or other "accessory",etc. added the price goes up by $135 dollars.