The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 12, 1999, 11:43 PM   #1
X-KILL

Looking for info on Speer Gold Dot in .40 s&w. Have heard that this is some good stuff but have never firad any. Any help greatly appreciated. Do they have a web-site?

Thanks
Old December 14, 1999, 12:48 AM   #2
kitman

I have tested many types of HP ammo. speer, goldensaber, Black Talons, federal premium, pmc star fire, you name it i have tested it, and gold dot performes just about the best next to Black Talons (my .45 is loaded with these.) But the thing that one needs to rember is that when you shoot a hollow point threw someting like a wallet, check book, note book,heavey clothing most anything, the hole in the front filles up with material, making it a expencive FMJ. all hollow points suffer from this. So it is best to say that even the BEST ammo wont perform miricles, the real job lies in the shooter, doing there job and aiming at a vital area of the body where the expansion is not the only factor to stop a person.

------------------
"Its hard doing nothing, You never know when you are finished."