The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 3, 2013, 09:52 AM   #51
jason_iowa

Me too. I don't have as fine a collection as some of you but some of ya probably have a couple years on me Through out my military career and my couple years in civilian law enforcement I always used autos. I have an appreciation of autos but in general I don't love them.

I love revolvers even though I don't shoot them as accurately. Which is because I have tens of thousands of rounds more through autos then revolvers. I'm researching getting into reloading so I hope to do a lot more revolver shooting.

I don't own any single action revolvers currently. That is something I would like to explore more later on. I think getting into cowboy shooting would be a very rewarding hobby. I like the action shooting a lot more then bulls eye shooting.

Currently I have
Smith 617 22lr
Smith 686 357mag
Smith 29 44mag
Smith 629 44mag
Taurus 94 22 lr
Taurus Public defender 45lc/410

I would like to get a 460 or 500 I'm leaning towards the 500. Don't need one I just think they are an impressive round and have a lot of versatility in loads/ bullet weights. The 460 does as well but I prefer not to use short brass and If I get into reloading its not really needed since I can use different recipes to safely get the desired effect.
Old January 3, 2013, 03:09 PM   #52
SgtLumpy

Down to just two.

Chief's Special with handmade walnuts -

Model 66, polished, Tritium that no longer glows, my orig svc gun -

All the targets were dbl action.

The flyer not seen in the M66 50 yrd target was 10 o'clock, off the edge of that target. These darn old eyes. At least they force you to focus on ONLY the front sight. To focus on anything else, I'd need three different sets of glasses..

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq