The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 6, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1
GaryDC89

This may be a really stupid question

I'm new to pistols but I was wondering if you can get an extended clip for a fnx 9mm. It comes with a 17rd clip but idk if theyre like rifles and can buy a larger mag for them
Old May 14, 2012, 02:19 AM   #2
death2twinkys

I don't think any have been made yet, but that doesn't mean they won't be. Just keep your eyes open someone may produce them at some point. I know that the XD9 had a 19 rnd mag so it shouldn't be technically impossible.
Wachowskis: No, who are they made for?
Designer: Wankers.
Wachowskis: Our wankers in this film want Desert Eagles.
Designer: Your film.
Old May 14, 2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

The gun comes with 3 magazines already, that gives you 51 loaded rounds before you ever slip one into the gun, why would you need an extended magazine? Seriously it's balanced perfectly the way it is and adding more rounds will just make a clumsy out of balance clunker out of a beautiful gun.

Just dos centavos from an old dinosaur who thinks they did the job right the first time.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old May 14, 2012, 01:11 PM   #4
death2twinkys

He asks a reasonable question.his reasons for wanting it are irrelevant he wants one. What was the point of those fifty round drums for the 1911 someone wanted one. I am sure he could have done that math on his own something people need to figure out is that the poster isn't asking "hey guys I have an idea would you please tell me why I'm stupid!" He asked a valid question and your post does not contain a valid answer. This has become an epidemic around here.

I apologize for derailing also to the OP I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Sorry for any grammar issues posting from my phone is hard.
Wachowskis: No, who are they made for?
Designer: Wankers.
Wachowskis: Our wankers in this film want Desert Eagles.
Designer: Your film.
Old May 14, 2012, 04:39 PM   #5
armoredman

Watch places like Sportsmans Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt - they love to sell mags like that. I will say most aftermarket extreme high capacity magazines do not work well, in my experience. Some drum mags will work well, if it was designed by the maker, like the famous Luger Snail Drum.
Good luck!
Old May 16, 2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
death2twinkys

He asks a reasonable question.his reasons for wanting it are irrelevant he wants one.
Simmer down, I didn't say he shouldn't or couldn't although its a moot point right now since I don't think anybody is making any extended magazines for it yet. I just made the observation that he already has 51 rounds available to him, 52 if he keeps one round in the chamber. The gun is good to go as it is I was just asking why he would want to make a clunker out of it when he already has as much or more fire power available to him than an old times Sheriff posse used to have collectively.

GaryDC89 is the one who suggested it might be a dumb question not me. I'm only pointing out the obvious that he has a good gun as it is and asking why would he want to change that?
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old May 17, 2012, 08:47 AM   #7
Don P

Another tough crowd here on a Thursday morning on TFL!
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.