The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 25, 2013, 05:36 PM   #51
pepsiray77

Fusion

Bought a Fusion Scout XL pro series online yesterday. Hoping for the best, hate to hear about the bad experiences some folks have had. Makes me kind of nervous but other companies out there have complaints as well. NOT ONE company is going to have a perfect record.
Old July 27, 2013, 06:06 PM   #52
Grimlok

I bought a Fusion about 5 years ago, it has functioned flawlessly, is easily more accurate than I am and the process was painless, albeit a bit long...but there was a long wait for any custom type pistol at the time.

Bob was great to deal with, emailed me the day before they sent it out to be coated to see if I was sure I didn't want to change anything. I've always wanted to get another but funds haven't permitted it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (242.0 KB, 31 views)
Old September 15, 2013, 05:08 PM   #53
Babychief

FUSION kits

Has anyone had experience building a ground up custom using a Fusion kit?
They have a $795 commander kit that looks great.

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/shop/1...ies-commander/

I just read this old post and i am curious as to whether or not the Q.C. Issues have been rectified as of late.
My misses wants a custom 1911 in an officer or commander size. I was going to do mostly E.B. hardcore parts (if fusion small parts Q.C. Is still bad in 2013) From what ive gathered is the extracter and old non-ramped barrels were really the only major issues on the Fusion.
For $795 plus components/grips, coating/polishing you can have a custom the way you want it for less than $2k! Im seriously considering this option so she can have a semi/full custom on the cheap.

So if anyone has bought a FUSION KIT, i would like to see pics and hear about your build.

Thank you
Old September 11, 2015, 03:59 PM   #54
1911junky

Fusion compared to others

I own a Fusion Samaritan, WC Protector, EB Special Forces, LB Boss, Springfield TRP, Kimber Tac Custom, NH Falcon, blah blah blah... The Fusion 4" Samaritan has functioned flawlessly. With the Briley bushing, it is as accurate as any I own. As with all the above (bought NIB) break in is important, and cleaning/maintenance essential. Been a firearms instructor for 20 years and use my 1911 as training rentals. Nothing but respect for all the Custom makers. If I was stuck picking a favorite, Wilson Supergrade no question. I own 54 1911s and have been shooting all my life. Nothing beats 1911 and nothing beat Wilson Supergrades.
Old September 11, 2015, 08:57 PM   #55
Red-5

I own three Fusion's. Two have been nothing short of solid since I have owned them. My 9mm has been problematic since day one.

Bob is a wonderful person, but poor when it comes to follow through.

When I first received my 9, got tired of the issues after several months. Sent it back to him on my dime, and he had it for over three months. Seemed to run half OK, but recently had some issues again and decided to write to ask for suggestions. As he is about 90 minutes away since his move to Florida, figured it would be an opportune time to get it back to him and see his new shop.

His answer was to try lighter recoil springs or shoot +P. Really???

Took it to a local guy, first thing he did was check the extractor, which is what I suspected the problem would be.

Traded emails with Bob, expecting since it had a lifetime warranty, he would offer to at least send a new one. No dice, but he did say I could purchase one from his site.

So much for purchasing a 4th from him.

One thing I will say for him, his parts are top notch, and if you look at his site, he seems to be going in the direction of packaging and selling his parts.
Old September 12, 2015, 08:56 AM   #56
9x19

Holy thread resurrection, batman!

Fusion have some very good salesmen, but you can find lots of those at used-car lots... good 1911 builders are much harder to find at both places.

Dan Wesson quality improved about 1000% once CZ-USA bought the brand.
Old September 20, 2017, 08:22 PM   #57
iviax

Did lance ever get back to Caesar?