The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 16, 2000, 02:59 PM   #1
Unkel Gilbey

Has anyone had any experience with this press? I am contemplating a purchase, but would like to have any feedback that you folks have about this piece of equipment.

I'll go a bit farther and say that I am not interested in hearing anyone's opinion that a MEC, or a Hornady, or some other press would be a better choice. There is a money issue here, and also, I don't intend to feed a skeet or sporting clays habit. I am just interested in a 'starter' kit, and will consider one of the other progressives when I work the bug's out with the Lee press.

Thanks in advance.

Unkel Gilbey
Old March 17, 2000, 06:56 PM   #2
Trigger Jerk

I have one in 12 and one in 20 gauge. You cant load a shotshell any less exspensively. It's not a speed machine (but you already know that). But it will load shotshells with reasonable effort and reasonable accuracy. They are even kind of fun to operate. The only complaint is that you can't adjust the crimp. That means that some brands of shells are going to crimp better than others. I think you will be quite satisfied with them, understanding their limitations.
Old March 17, 2000, 10:24 PM   #3
Unkel Gilbey

Thanks TJ,

I did a word search the other day and wasn't able to find jack squat about any previous hits for the Load all. I was beginning to wonder if anyone had ever used one. Thanks also for the scoop on the crimps. Is there any particular brand (of Hull) that crimps consistantly the worst? Appreciate the info you have provided so far.

Unkel Gilbey