The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 20, 2001, 08:47 AM   #1
ATTICUS

You guys are a bad influence!

I walked out of a local gunshop the other day with a perfectly good, but well worn Rem 870 police trade in. I paid $119 for it. I was very happy with my purchase. That was before I did a search on TFL on 870's, and asked for help from Harley Nolden. As of this morning, the 870 lies in pieces in my basement. The metal has been stripped and polished. The wood has been stripped, sanded, and stained (first coat). Misc. parts and finishing supplies were ordered at Brownells first thing this morning. I used to be happy with mediocrity - then along came TFL and my life changed. I'll post pics when I'm done.
Old July 20, 2001, 08:53 AM   #2
BigG

Thanks, hope we can keep up the good work!
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC
Old July 20, 2001, 01:17 PM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks for the compliment(G)....

Next thing you need for that 870 is a coupla cases of shells. Use up, repeat......
Old July 21, 2001, 05:20 PM   #4
ATTICUS

Erick: I propose that we circulate the starter gun instead. Everyone gets to make one improvement- then it goes back to the owner.
Old July 22, 2001, 05:00 AM   #5
PreserveFreedom

Quote:
I propose that we circulate the starter gun instead. Everyone gets to make one improvement- then it goes back to the owner.
That sounds like a good idea to me. I'd have to pay a $5 tax before I began my portion of the work though.