The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old April 4, 2006, 12:52 AM   #1
Crosshair

Why does the "New Posts" button max out at 200 posts.

I use the New Posts button alot to see what threads have been posted too. However, lately it has been limited to only 200 posts (Or 8 pages). I find that I am starting to miss alot of posts since I am limited in this way. Is there a way to let all new posts be shown in the search results?
Old April 4, 2006, 05:57 AM   #2
tyme
Staff

I think I managed to nuke the limit for new-post searches, but I can't check easily. Try it again.

"New posts" isn't really a search, since it scans for new threads without caring about individual posts. It shouldn't even be part of the search page. I gather you're using it as a merger of all the individual forum pages?
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old April 4, 2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Crosshair

Yes, I use it to go through every thread that has new posts instead of having to manualy search each sub-forum. Makes looking for new, interesting topics easy.
Old April 4, 2006, 03:04 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

Repost if you still run into some kind of limit. There shouldn't be one anymore.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)