The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 13, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1
TomADC

Uberti nipples

I have an older Uberti 1860 that I picked up maybe 6 months ago. I've shot it once with the nipples it came with (the previous user may have changed the...I am not sure they are stock). Based on proof marks its a late 70s model.

Has Uberti kept the same thread dimensions for their nipples over the years? I have some slickshot stainless steel nipples that I bought a few years ago that do seem to fit (made for Uberti colts)...but the threads are drastically different than the ones that came with the gun.

Obviously don't want a nipple flying back in my face...

EDIT - It looks like pre 1980s ubertis would have used the same nipple as a pietta but a bit shallower? Can anyone confirm?
Old June 13, 2013, 05:27 PM   #2
TomADC

I see Uberti used 5.5mm x 9 and 6 x .75 mm time to dig out my thread gage and see if it has a metric side.
Old June 13, 2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Sousuke

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking in this forum for me (from my question over at Calguns). I actually asked the experts here yesterday and got the size I needed.

All the best!
Old June 13, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4
TomADC

Well don't run off its a great place for info and some great people here.
Old June 13, 2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Fingers McGee

Quote:
EDIT - It looks like pre 1980s ubertis would have used the same nipple as a pietta but a bit shallower? Can anyone confirm?
Yes. Older Ubertis use the 6x.75x.500 nipples instead of the 6x.75x.520 found on current model Piettas. Possible shop has them under this listing

M6 x .75 x .500 Long
Fits Euroarms Revolver - (6 Per Package) 11-50-146 $31.95

http://possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples-cb.html
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce