The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 22, 2008, 06:49 PM   #26
doubleaes2

Does anybody have any new info to add?
Old November 22, 2008, 11:05 PM   #27
FIRERESCUEO2

You can also report a bad address in PayPal if you used it for payment - although if its firearm related you may not want them to know ............ as they may kick you for it.
Old November 23, 2008, 12:04 AM   #28
doubleaes2

I wish it was so...but he didn't want to do Paypal, claiming that he had received a warning from them in the past.
Old November 23, 2008, 02:32 AM   #29
rickdavis81

I've called and left voice mails on his new number but no answers. I've been trying to get back ahold of the police officer that left me a return message. But I've only received her voice mail and don't like playing phone tag. I'll try again on Monday.
Old November 23, 2008, 11:46 AM   #30
UniversalFrost

guys, if you paid with postal money order report it to the post master in your area and the post master in ft. collins. Also, since the transaction went accross state lines it is now a federal issue. also for those that purchased firearms or gun parts then it is also a BATF issue. Contact your local BATF and file a claim and contact your local or regional FBI office and file a report.

what ever you do stop your communication with the guy in ft. collins and let the cops and other legal entities contact him. Just don't give up on your case and it would help if all affected members work together and contact the same person(s) at the agencies mentioned above.

Had a guy scam me one on some receivers on another forum and I contacted all the agencies listed and he was taken care of by the BATF in quick fashion and even though I never got my money back I did stop him from ripping off anyone else . I tried suing him for my funds, but he was already bankrupt and on his way to jail for multiple crimes (not counting the offenses he incurred in my dealings with him) so would have cost more for legal fees that it was worth.

If any of you need help getting the contact info. for the agencies let me know and I can help out.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old November 23, 2008, 03:35 PM   #31
shaunpain

I'm sure everyone expresses my sentiments, but STICK THIS GUY TO THE WALL!!!

His unwillingness to use Paypal should have been your first clue that this was a bad deal. I will only commit to transactions with some sort of insurance, whether it be financially with the shipping company, a FTF, or a Federally regulated FFL. ONLY pay with credit cards. That way, if things go wayward, the company will reimburse your loss (although the BG may get away with it and find more victims).

PLEASE, everyone, watch your own butts. DO NOT trust anyone with anything over $50. You will most assuredly get burned. Put that burden on the backs of the multi-billion dollar insurance infrastructure. I know this type of person, and you will most likely never recover your funds. And, even more probable, the Ft. Collins PD will do nothing for you. Judging from what I know of that town the few times I've been there, its a huge college town with a tiny PD cartel. They would be more willing to bust up an underage drinking party than help someone from another state recover what they would consider "peanuts".

Thank you, however, for the heads up. You are saving a lot of people heartache. I hope you can have some remittance on this jack ass.
Old November 25, 2008, 01:54 AM   #32
stlcardinalfan

That's mail fraud!!!! You all need to call the US Postal Inspector's Office (They are kind of a spin off of the FBI that deals only in things that go through the mail or courier like FedEx or UPS.) And you also need to call the ATF. EACH ONE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD DEALINGS IN THIS NEED TO CALL.
Old November 30, 2008, 01:11 AM   #33
Bobby T

Mail Fraud

If you paid with a money order, you definitely can bring a charge against them for mail fraud. Been there done that. Had bad dealings with a guy in Texas and thats what got my money back. Good Luck guys hope you get your money back and then some. I know what it feels like to get hooked and its not a good feeling.

Take care,
Bobby
Old December 4, 2008, 06:32 PM   #34
LongbowTap

Just for general information, receiving a US Postal money order without providing the merchandise is mail fraud. Soliciting the sale over the internet makes it wire fraud. The Postal Service will go after those who are paid with a POSTAL money order only. If you use a bank check or bank money order, you are on your own. Contact the postal inspector in your area. If you go to this link and enter your ZIP it will give the location of the proper office. http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html
Old December 4, 2008, 06:43 PM   #35
DaveInPA

This should be a sticky. Just so people know to watch out for anyone at this address in Fort Collins.
Old December 6, 2008, 05:51 PM   #36
TeamDub

Kinda OT...

... but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not being confused with this guy!

I'm in NW Ohio.
Old December 13, 2008, 11:28 AM   #37
publius

Although I think PM'ing the poster who offered to pass along info to Ft. Collins PD is good and it is nice of him to do. If I were one of the members who was ripped off I would send Ft. Collins PD a certified letter of your compalint and CC the DA.
Old December 13, 2008, 04:21 PM   #38
Huntergirl

No PayPal=fraud? That's a CROCK!

Come on, Not accepting PayPal is the first clue? Paypal doesn't even honor firearms related transactions, and THAT's why I don't honor them with an account. I know there are many like me who will not do business with anti's. I stopped doing ANY kind of business on EBAY when they put restrictions on firearms related stuff like gun parts, and will continue to let anti's know they will NEVER get my business. Please don't paint a broad brush over those who won't accept PayPal, and don't think that PayPal is your friend.
Old December 13, 2008, 05:27 PM   #39
bobby45512

paypal is only your buddy when they receive that 3%
Old January 11, 2009, 11:41 PM   #40
Gun 4 Fun

I will never use Pay-Pal. I don't put any financial info of ANY kind on the net. Secure-BS! All it takes is one tee'd off employee there to steal and sell your info. I had that happen to me with my mortgage info. I use Postal money orders and I haven't been burned yet. To say that anyone who won't do Pay-Pal is suspect is slanderous and inaccurate.
Old January 12, 2009, 06:54 PM   #41
publius

If each of you who were burned call Ft Collins PD, the Postal Inspector, and BATF that guy is gonna wish he had never been born and should have a little government subsidized time to contemplate his transgressions. I think anything above $500 is a felony and if I'm adding right he should qualify for the big prize.