The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 13, 2013, 09:23 AM   #76
deepcreek

My next gun is a MarkIII, maybe

I have seen a bunch of old MarkIIIs that were great, I am starting wonder about quality control at Ruger these days though. and not just Ruger a few big name brands seem to be cutting costs and quality.

I have owned a couple of Mini 14s and a 10/22 they were decent plinkers and reliable but nothing to cherish.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:58 AM   #77
PT-92

All of my Ruger guns are at least several years old and they have been rock solid.

I, like others, would like to see a study (industry-wide of say the top ten vendors) concerning QC issues over say the last year or so (since the major increase in sales starting with the General Election run-up through the mass shootings). I should think there would be a direct correlation between a decline in QC and subsequent Customer Service satisfaction and the huge spike in sales/production (some of these shops are running 24/7/365). Of course it's all conjecture until we see some stats but logic would seem to dictate/conclude that QC has suffered...
Old August 29, 2013, 05:29 PM   #78
45long

i feel for you

the last new 45 i bought had tight chambers throats .Couldn't shoot my cast bullets out of it . I had groups looked like buckshot loads. I too sent them off to the CylinderSmith to get them reamed. On top of that I miked all the chambers and they were all different. Luckily they were all undersize. I know they say that they are bored to jacketed .451 but I actually had one chamber..448.. I rechecked it several times to make sure. Luckily the Chambers themselves were ok. I love Rugers but they need to get their act together and their tolerances back up to par.
Old August 30, 2013, 08:13 AM   #79
txray22

My S&W M34 .22lr would only shoot 3 shots then bind up and the cylinder wouldn't index. After some cleaning and shooting it will shoot all six rounds, but one chamber is still tight. Five empties will fall out easily, but that same chamber takes a little extra to eject. How do I polish the chamber?

My new LCR .22lr is great so far no problems. It's accurate and ejects empties with little effort.

Phil