The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 28, 2008, 05:35 AM   #1
Stone Cold

Beltman Belts Run Small?

I have a dozen 38" belts in my closet, all about 2" longer than the Beltman belt that just arrived. My waist is 36" and I've never had a 38" belt fit like a 36" one, until now. I think the Beltman must use a different standard than other manufacturers. Has anyone else noticed that his belts are shorter? It's a nice belt, other than the fact that I have to use the last two holes.
Old August 28, 2008, 09:46 AM   #2
CortJestir

I just ordered a Beltman belt. Did you measure per the instructions on the website? One thing I noticed in the instructions for measuring is that you measure from the TIP of the buckle to the hole you normally use.

Here's a link, in case you hadn't seen it:
http://www.thebeltman.net/sizing.htm

Last edited by CortJestir; August 28, 2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added link
Old August 28, 2008, 09:56 AM   #3
rantingredneck

I have a 38" waist but wear his 41" belt. Yes you have to measure per his instructions on his site.
Old August 28, 2008, 10:35 AM   #4
sholling

Again you have to measure per the instruction on his site. You have to do that with any gunbelt. I've also found that now two makers size exactly the same way.
Old August 28, 2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Kreyzhorse

Not to beat a dead horse, but you have to measure it according to his site. My beltman belt came in exactly as measured. Great belt.

I did see on his site that if you measured it incorrectly, he will work with you, but there is a charge associated with it.
Old August 28, 2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Stone Cold

The question didn't have anything to do with my order, except a 38" belt from Beltman doesn't equal a 38" belt from other manufacturers. And wouldn't a "GUN BELT" be fitted longer, not shorter than a standard belt? The stiffness of the belt makes it deceptive; I am able to use the middle holes without discomfort but without an IWB holster.
Old August 28, 2008, 04:42 PM   #7
CortJestir

Well, as sholling said, manufacturers size differently. I would imagine that being a custom, hand-made belt, the Beltman requires a more accurate measurement than simply adding a coupla inches to your waist size. If you didn't measure according to Beltman's instructions, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't fit you right. Now if you did measure according to their site, then that's another issue!

Call or email them up and see what they can do for you.

Good luck!
Old August 28, 2008, 04:47 PM   #8
rantingredneck

Quote:
The question didn't have anything to do with my order, except a 38" belt from Beltman doesn't equal a 38" belt from other manufacturers.
The question was why does your 38" beltman belt not fit you right. The answer is you apparently didn't follow the directions on their site for measuring. Maybe not the answer you wanted, but.........
Old August 28, 2008, 06:15 PM   #9
sholling

[quoteAnd wouldn't a "GUN BELT" be fitted longer, not shorter than a standard belt? The stiffness of the belt makes it deceptive; I am able to use the middle holes without discomfort but without an IWB holster.[/quote]How would they know if you plan IWM or OWB? Only you know. You're supposed to add 2" to the size that you order if you plan IWB. Think of it this way you now have a good OWB belt and an opportunity to buy a belt for IWB now that you've learned a bit more.
Old August 28, 2008, 06:57 PM   #10
Stone Cold

Nah, I just put a longer buckle on it and it's good to go. I got no use for OWB holsters except at the range. I got a longer Bulman belt (38") and a Duluth belt (38") that will still do. I'll just wear the fancy buckled Beltman belt to square dances and strip clubs.
Old August 28, 2008, 08:16 PM   #11
Kreyzhorse

As the old joke goes, depends on where you measure it from.....
Old August 28, 2008, 08:22 PM   #12
Stone Cold

Yep. That was kinda the whole point. Seems some measure from the end of the buckle, some from somewheres else.