The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old October 16, 2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Gerry

Costume ideas for IPSC Halloween match

It's that time of year again - guns and zombies! We're going to have a giant haunted house we have to shoot out of for one of the stages, with a bunch of rooms with cobwebs and props all over the place. It should be a blast.

I need costume ideas though. Last year I did the lunatic doctor thing with a white coat and lots of blood stains. Zombies aren't a good idea, because we're supposed to shoot those...

The only constraints on the costume is that I still have to wear all my IPSC gear, and of course nothing should interfere with my vision, while allowing me to wear my shooting glasses and ears.
Old October 16, 2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Venom1956

Dress up as a S.T.A.R.S. or Umbrella Corp memeber from Resident Evil?
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old October 16, 2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Slotback

Get some Halloween masks or costumes and put them on the targets instead of dressing up. Then enjoy.
Old October 16, 2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Gerry

LOL Slotback, the "zombies" for the shotgun portion are made with self-healing rubber. But all targets are dressed up. Hence why we shouldn't dress up as the "enemy"

Plus there are prizes for best costume, where as the best shooter only gets level 2 standings...

I should also mention that my wife is also shooting in this match (on the same squad), and a couples theme might go well.

Venom1956, your Resident Evil thing is interesting in light of the stage accident in Toronto a couple weeks ago that sent many zombies to hospital while making the latest movie. Imagine all these folks with intestines hanging out lying on hospital beds while there for only little bruises!
Old October 16, 2011, 10:18 PM   #5
armoredman

An outfit of dark orange, with a very high stiff collar, and tell them you are an expended cartridge.
Old October 16, 2011, 10:50 PM   #6
egor20

Quote:
I should also mention that my wife is also shooting in this match (on the same squad), and a couples theme might go well.
See if you can find a black pinstripe suit (Goodwill, Salvation Army) that you don't mind getting dirty. Find a tight fitting black bodysuit for the wife and go as John Steed and Emma Peel from the "Avengers".
My wife's Idea, she's English.

Edit: You could use the same suit and have your wife go a "Gun Moll" from the prohibition era.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old October 17, 2011, 12:55 PM   #7
tubbyfirefighter

If you could find his gun, you should go as Hell Boy. Target aquisition wouldnt be a problem with that firearm!
Old October 17, 2011, 12:58 PM   #8
pgdion

I'd just post a bunch of fake bullet holes all over myself ... down range at the wrong time.
Old October 18, 2011, 04:23 PM   #9
Gerry

Quote:
See if you can find a black pinstripe suit
egor20, that would be perfect if we were doing an IDPA match and concealment was necessary. But in this case, the biggest stage is likely to require over 40 rounds. In this 10-rounds per mag country of Canada, that means a full belt with a spare on a magnet and the stripper in your pocket. It's really hard to think of something that's not going to interfere with your mag changes, your vision, or your movement. While winning the best costume would be cool, I'd rather place first for the match!

I'm thinking maybe I'd be a mummy wrapped up with that brown Halloween fabric they sell, and my wife could be that Egyptian girl the mummy got in trouble with on the original movie "The Mummy".

Time is running out, and I need to start working on this ASAP! Why oh why is IPSC so hard this time of year ...
Old October 20, 2011, 01:39 PM   #10
Don P

Quote:
Costume ideas for IPSC Halloween match
Pink TU-TU and green sneakers!
Drag Queen in heels!
Batman!
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old October 20, 2011, 05:17 PM   #11
Gerry

Batman would be good but with about 100 shooters at this match, I fear it might be duplicated. Would it be really politically incorrect for me to go as "Black Dynamite"? I'm thinking big afro wig, lots of makeup, tight wide-collar shirt, and colorful wide-leg flared pants...
Old October 20, 2011, 05:38 PM   #12
egor20

Quote:
Would it be really politically incorrect for me to go as "Black Dynamite"? I'm thinking big afro wig, lots of makeup, tight wide-collar shirt, and colorful wide-leg flared pants...
Well.......

You could always go the opposite way and go as

Napoleon Dynamite

Just need a red Afro wig and a "VOTE FOR PEDRO" T-shirt.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old October 20, 2011, 06:15 PM   #13
RickB

How about the Ghost of IPSC Past, with daisy dukes, striped knee-high sweat socks, Ernie Hill t-shirt, foam-front Colt ballcap, etc.?
Old October 20, 2011, 07:02 PM   #14
YARDDOG(1)

Go as Sara Brady
Y/D
Old October 20, 2011, 07:27 PM   #15
Rembrandt

Hearing protection should fit under the hat, belt will handle the holster and mags.....

....or maybe a Pirate theme....

Last edited by Rembrandt; October 20, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old October 20, 2011, 08:59 PM   #16
MrDontPlay

Bin laden, covered in sea weed, starfish, coral ect...
Old October 23, 2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Mercenary

Quote:
Bin laden, covered in sea weed, starfish, coral ect...
LMAO. Love it!

What about the Terminator or RoboCop?
Old October 25, 2011, 01:45 AM   #18
ausher

this guy would be a big hit!
Old October 27, 2011, 04:12 PM   #19
Gerry

Ha ha ausher very funny.

Anyway, I decided to go with egor20's idea about going as Napoleon Dynamite, but with a difference. I found a red Afro wig and a white tee-shirt. Only the shirt says: "Spank my money for 50 (25) cents" and there is a stuffed monkey with its bum sticking out that is stuck with Velcro on the shoulder. I may not win first prize for costume, but it should get some laughs from the RO and scorer!