The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old August 30, 2005, 08:08 AM   #1
TangoTracker

September 2005 Issue

Claire Wolfe's article on good news for cops, was one of the most insightful things I've read in a long time. Not that the topic was one that people haven't thought about or know to be true, but the writing of it. It's a tough topic to keep the emotion out of. Claire did a great job. The article clearly articulates truths in a way that reveals the problem without causing a defensive reaction. Bravo!

and

Leroy Thompson's AKS-74 article. I'm a huge fan of the AK. I've got a number of them that are all very different even if my wife doesn't see it.
Leroy talks about his 74 having a trigger slap problem and using tactical gloves to overcome it. I'm curious what fire control group (FCG) he has in that rifle. My guess is that he's got a Century setup, or maybe an old Euro disconnector with a tail on it. If that is the case then grinding the tail off the disconnector, or just replacing the FCG with a Tapco G2 or Red Star adjustable will resolve the issue.

TangoTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

TT-
Thanks for the feedback. No idea what fire control group Leroy has, but I'll pass your info on to him.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote