The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 23, 2000, 11:29 PM   #1
Coolray

I'm thinking about the P 11 in 9mm for a carry gun,I went shooting today and tried my friends,It was O.K. However the trigger is so long and hard I found myself jerking the thing to make it fire,It also tossed brass all over the place,not like my other Auto's that tend to pile it up in the same area. My jerking is the proable cause,Can the trigger pull be lightened and shortened? This would enhance the pistol and make it accurate beyond the end of your arm. :roll eyes:

Tahnks
Old September 24, 2000, 09:10 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Coolray, any trigger can be improved. But when it comes to shortening the pull on a DA that's a function of the design and usually very difficult to change. George
Old September 24, 2000, 10:23 AM   #3
Coolray

Thanks George,
I like the small size and price,but I do not like the trigger. I'l look for something else
Old September 24, 2000, 05:05 PM   #4
Badger Arms

Don't abandon the idea just yet. Older KT's had heavier trigger pulls than newer versions. Of the two I own, one is recent and the other is from a few years ago. They are quite different in feel and weight. Check out www.ktog.org for more information.
Old September 25, 2000, 07:50 AM   #5
nedfig

When I first goy my P-11, I thought the trigger was long and heavy too. It still is, but I have put in many hours at the range and now I love it. I put the belt clip on it and it rides on my belt whenever I leave home. Very good gun for the money.

Ned