The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 25, 2015, 02:07 AM   #101
BIG P

I'M a southern country gent 6' 2 240,Way better with a handgun & a deer rifle than I am with a lawnmower.Jeans & a flannel shirt or T is Me.Rather walk away from trouble Cuzz aint got enough sense to run guess I still have a little REDNECK kickin,SO my wife & kids tell Me.Love to hear the sound of a hi power rifle in the distance & a good cold drink of crisp apple cider.I do CC every day Cuz I dont like the direction our country is headed. You just can't tell anymore.
Old February 25, 2015, 09:08 PM   #102
giaquir

I'm 63 yrs old, retired since 60 and can't
hit a barn door but love shooting cause once in a
while I hit the target.
Old February 25, 2015, 09:34 PM   #103
SARuger

This an interesting thread!

I'm a 48 year old single father of three boys, I like to fish and hunt/shoot, I drive one of my 4 Jeeps or my old Ford Powerstroke, which has a Remington 870 and a RAR rifle in the rack. I wear jeans and western boots, usually a "Ruger" t-shirt or "Ruger" cap. I carry and its always a wheelgun, I hate plastic guns unless its a LCR......BUT a Sig Saur P250 lays beside my pillow each night, contradiction huh?
Old February 25, 2015, 11:50 PM   #104
Dragline45

I am probably one of the younger members here, and certainly one of the few from Massachusetts.

I'm 27 years old, born and raised in Boston. 5'8 190lbs, bearded, and due to my hair undoubtedly Italian. I Work for a Marketing company and wear a suit and tie during the week, but jeans, boots or Sperry's, and usually plain dark blue or black t-shirts when I'm not working.

I am known by all as a gun nut, rightfully so, but mostly because most people in MA just simply don't own guns. Love camping and hiking up in Maine and Vermont, which just happens to coincide with shooting. I love lifting weights, and have been doing so consistently since I was 14 which may be the reason I am only 5'8.

I am for the most part pretty old school in not just things I like but my thinking. While I get along with most people in my generation, I think most are sheep and unable to think for themselves. Growing up in MA has given me a deep disdain for liberals and has convinced me they are a blight on this country . Would love if I could go back to the days of my father or grandfather before political correctness ruled society.

All my favorite music and movies are well before my time. I have a pretty large collection of music, somewhere around 10,000+ songs and listen to everything from folk to funk, from classic rock to even jazz. I am what you might call a closet nerd. Growing up I was very social, played football my whole life, etc.. But I am not ashamed to admit I love video games, which even to this day my 60 year old father does too, sci-fi, and a plethora of other nerdy things, which even people who know me relatively well are surprised to hear.

All in all I am not a normal 27 year old, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Last edited by Dragline45; February 26, 2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old February 28, 2015, 06:49 AM   #105
Doug Ridley

I am an 83 old guy 6' 1"and 175 # who is too old to run and never could fight much so I carry every day all day every where I go. I wear overalls around home most of the time and no one except my family and a few close friends know that I carry a gun. Been shooting since I was 8 years old.
Old February 28, 2015, 07:23 AM   #106
PatientWolf

I grew up in the Midwest with the closest neighbor 1/4 mile away. We had good neighbors. Our idea of vacations were family-focused. Whether camping in the Wyoming/Dakotas; in a campground/park near or on one of the backwater islands in the Mississippi river north of the Savana/Galena, Illinois area; or at Gaukels Fish Lake resort near Lodi, WI.

I started shooting at about 4 yrs of age with a Sheridan Blue Streak that had a shortened stock. We took care of countless gophers in the yard and horse pasture with .22s at ranges to about 100 yds. give or take. Shot .22 more than anything else growing up whether through an old Mossberg bolt action trainer, one of several semi-automatic rifles, a High Standard Victor or one of several S&W revolvers. Hunted pheasants, rabbits, squirrels, ducks and geese in my grade school and high school years and added deer while attending UW-Platteville to get my BS degree in engineering.

I enjoy shooting and hunting with multiple platforms: lever action, bolt action and semi-automatic rifles as well as revolvers and semi-automatic pistols (though it is hard to get to a Centerfire rifle range near Raleigh). I enjoy both traditional bare-bow archery as well as shooting my compound bow.

I'm not the guy most people notice with a medium stature and unremarkable looks. I'm far more comfortable in jeans or cargo shorts and a t-shirt than a suit and typically wear business casual to work. I pretty accurately fit the Myers-Briggs INTP/borderline ISTP personality type.

I put family first. I'm a father of one and have started my second 1/2 century of life.

I strongly believe in the Constitution. I think government has become too large, inefficient and fiscally irresponsible. I VOTE IN EVERY ELECTION (but only once ). An independent, I vote based on research I do on each candidate.

And though you'd never know by this post, I'm kinda a quiet guy.
Old February 28, 2015, 08:29 AM   #107
J A

I am a lucky man.

I am a nearing retirement truck driver working half days (from 12 midnight to 12 noon most days). I am still married to my high school sweetheart and have three grown children whom are all doing well.
Last fall I donated a kidney to an ailing family member. Helping a family member return to health and a normal lifestyle is one of greatest pleasures I have ever known.
I live in the great midwest on 25 acres so I have my own rifle/pistol range that is open 24/7. I buy as many pinned and recessed S&W revolvers as my wife will allow. Great wife and family, good health and great midwest life. It does not get much better than this. I am truly a lucky man. JA
PS. And a fast half mile dirt track less than a mile from my home.
Old March 1, 2015, 11:48 AM   #108
saf11

I'm a retired postal employee....overweight and bald, who lives alone with his cat. My wife and daughter have died in the last few years, so I spend lots of time on the computer.
Old March 3, 2015, 01:49 AM   #109
plinkz

Little old guy

Retired badge-and-gun toter. Former military. Like to pick and sing. Southwestern US.
4WD pickup, too many guitars, not enuff guns
Old March 3, 2015, 12:48 PM   #110
Wyoredman

I'm just your average, run-of-the-mill, Wyoming boy. College educated, living on the home place, working man.

I wear Wranglers and a button down shirt to work and Wranglers and hoodies on the weekend.

I have a Copenhagen can in my front shirt pocket, and sometimes I don't shave.

I drive a 4-wheel drive, own a horse trailer and several horses that are too fat.

I raise my own beef, really enjoy elk steaks and hope to learn how to raise a garden this summer (I say that every winter).

My daughter is 6th generation Wyoming native on my side, and Native American on my wife's' side.

I feel safer in the mountains when I have a rifle and my .44, there are big bears out there!
Old March 3, 2015, 01:53 PM   #111
Mosin-Marauder

I'm the 15 Year Old teenager from NC, and I'd be willing to wager I'm the youngest active member here.

I own 8 Firearms, 7 Complete. 3 of which are C&R Rifles which I'm very proud of.

I enjoy listening to all kinds of Music. I like Metal-Detecting and hunting coyotes. I enjoy shooting a whole lot (who'd a thunk it?).

I'm taking all Honors classes and I am going to join the Army when I turn 21 (91E). I'm very quiet in real life but I've been told I'm very funny once or twice, haha.

I am moving soon, and I plan to get a job working on a farm.

That's about it, I reckon. Here's a picture of me from a while ago. Rifle is my dad's M700.

Regards,

-Mo.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 4, 2015, 12:56 PM   #112
J A

Mosin-Marurader

That is a nice looking Rem 700 that you are shooting. Is that your coyote rig? VLS model? JA
Old March 4, 2015, 02:54 PM   #113
Mosin-Marauder

It (used) to be my deer rig, until I got rifles of my own. It's a Mountain Rifle Model in Stainless. Chambered for .260 Remington. It shoots well, but I lost interest in it. My coyote rig is a Savage Axis in .22-250 Remington. It's a good shooter.

Regards,

-Mo.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old March 4, 2015, 04:31 PM   #114
Nlight1

Husband, father, American, Oklahoman.
Old March 4, 2015, 05:45 PM   #115
jrobin3360

Conservative American Taxpayer, 2 sons, 3 grandsons, 4 dogs.
Former soldier, retired construction worker, caretaker for my wife.

I have no use for an incompetent fool (most politicians) & idiots (those that elect the incompetent fools) who seek to destroy my rights & freedoms to live my life as I choose because they're "doing it for the children" or "we know what's best for YOU".

Ignorance can be overcome with education. Incompetence & idiocy is a disease that will likely never be eradicated.
Old March 6, 2015, 09:23 AM   #116
Peter M. Eick

I am the proverbial old field geologist but without the beard. I can wear a suit if needed, or I can be in flannel, hardhat, rock pick and compass. I am comfortable in either and normally well armed.
Old October 30, 2015, 11:40 AM   #117
McCarthy

Interesting thread.. time for a revamp.

I'm a guy in his forties, usually waking up when a delivery guy rings the door bell, walks around in cheap camo shorts and t-shirts 99% of the time and talks to his CPA twice a year for good measure.
Old October 30, 2015, 12:47 PM   #118
Dave Chuppa

I'm a retired old goat stumbling through life under the radar. A Snub revolver in my pocket and another in my belt. Just living a comfortable life.
Old October 30, 2015, 02:47 PM   #119
psyfly

I'm male, now into my eighth decade on the planet. Husband, father, grandfather, airplane pilot and medical professional (PhD in Neuroscience). Still working (if you can call what I do work) at a full-time job. I began to shoot at age eight when I was taught by a favorite aunt.

I wear business casual at the office and jeans + pocket polo around and about. I live deep in the woods and drive 40 miles one-way to work every weekday morning.

I enjoy target shooting, spending time with my grandkids, flying, and seeing new parts of the world when I get the chance. I’m planning to go deer hunting this season with my son, first time I’ve done so in more than 50 years.

I’ve carried a firearm for all my adult life. It’s been many years since I was the least self-conscious about it and I think only the sharpest of observers would identify me as carrying. I suspect I look rather ordinary.

Last edited by psyfly; October 30, 2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Old October 30, 2015, 06:41 PM   #120
Doc Holliday 1950

I'm 2 yrs. older than my tag and am so lucky to have found a profession that I have loved for 45 yrs. I don't wear suits or ties because if I did my clients would have to pay for them. I make certain dreams come true for my clients and always council the younger ones not to ever go into debt when starting a relationship and I'm told that I'm pretty good at what I do. Last, I have met my soulmate(for over 27 yrs.) and getting ready to go off into the sunset happily and going to the range with her to enjoy some down time shooting. We always carry our revolvers. Oh yes, I forgot. We are both Yankee Doodles born and bred in the Garden State.

Last edited by Doc Holliday 1950; October 30, 2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old October 30, 2015, 08:03 PM   #121
deputy tom

I am just an old fat guy that likes to plink. tom.

An end will come on the world, but love and music will endure.
Thig crioch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh gaol 's ceol.
Old Scottish Gaelic proverb

Last edited by deputy tom; October 31, 2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old October 30, 2015, 08:28 PM   #122
lee n. field

Quote:
Just for kicks and giggles, I thought I'd ask my fellow TFL'ers, "Who are you?" I'll start:

I am the middle-aged guy in a suit during the week, khakis and a blazer on the weekends.
Somehow I missed this thread.

I am a 60 year old, stereotypical "old fat white guy". Computer tech, father and grandfather, cancer not-yet survivor, Christian. And endurer of much sorrow and struggle, this past couple years. I am "complicated".

And almost every time you might see me, I have a j-frame in the pocket or XDS on my belt.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; October 31, 2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old October 30, 2015, 09:22 PM   #123
Prof Young

If I'm wearing a vest or a have a pack with me . . .

If I'm wearing a vest or have a back pack with me . . . I'm probably carrying. I guess that's who I am in this context.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young
Old October 30, 2015, 09:35 PM   #124
JeffK

Bespeckled upper-middle-aged college professor in a sport coat, and an NRA lifer with a half-dozen pistols and revolvers. I don't hunt, but I shoot regularly at the range. And I vote.
Old October 30, 2015, 10:50 PM   #125
Slimjim9

I'm the guy who bought an old bobbed j-frame about a decade ago and put it in a closet

I'm the guy that "woke up" about a year ago and have bought 4 new guns in 2015 and started learning how to shoot them - Glock 19(1800 rounds), LCR357(500 rds), GP100-1722(500 rds), GP100-1708(100 rds), and even a few for that old j-frame.

I'm the guy who started pocket carrying the LCR357 to church on Sunday morning and Tuesday youth meeting - because Charleston.