The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 7, 1999, 05:23 PM   #1
shane

Any body have any experience with these? I've heard they take alot of the "slam" out of the action, and stop the trigger "recoil", shiver that goes through the trigger when firing.
Any feed back would help, the part is only $15, and fits in the rear of the action
Old March 9, 1999, 10:16 PM   #2
D.Ed

Yes,and they work great. Take alot of the noise out of the action and reduce felt recoil and it seemed to reduce muzzle rise. Was thinking about a compensator but after installing the buffer could see no need for it. If you get one run a mag through than take it out a run another through. You'll put it back in before you even finish. Go to www.buffertech.com.
Old March 17, 1999, 09:32 AM   #3
shane

I was out of town at a friends and he made his own buffer out of a motor cycle tire.
He cut a chunk to size and it seems to work exactaly like the polyurethane one I spent $17 for. Mine looks better, but it's inside the damn gun. If the buffer tech one wears out I'll make the next one.

------------------
Phantom Menace May 21st! Star Wars is back.

Old March 23, 1999, 06:26 AM   #4
shane

Installed my buffer from buffer tech on my SLR and WOW! It does take the trigger shiver out, and generally make the SLR/AK very nice to fire. I give it a big thumbs up, and I'm normally very sceptical of "easy" fixes.
JTWISI

------------------
Phantom Menace May 21st! Star Wars is back.