The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 4, 2007, 10:28 PM   #1
douglasschuckert

WTB: M10/9mm Mags

Here goes. I have a Mac 10/11. Its setup in .45acp/9mm/& .22. I have just purchased PLENTY .45ACP mags. I need a BUNCH in 9mm. This gun's 9mm well does not allow the STEN mags (at least I haven't been able to get them to work). The 6 mags that I currently have do not appear to be converted STENs. If anyone has or knows where I can find them at a reasonable price, let me know for immediate payment.

Thanks!!

Douglas Schuckert
Old May 5, 2007, 05:33 AM   #2
shaggy

Not sure what MAC you have but...

I assume the 9mm mags are double feed position (Like an Uzi, MP5, M16 ect.) and not single feed position as with a sten mag. If this is the case, you'll need to find those rare and pricey M10-9mm mags. Walther MPK/MPL mags will work too, but they're just as hard to find and expensive; about $80-100/mag...IF you can find them. Probably a better bet would be to contact a competent smith (I'd start with Craig Wheatley) and see if you can have another grip frame made which will accept either Uzi mags or Sten mags. If you try to go with a single feed position mag like a Sten, you may have to have the bolt slightly reworked.

If the mags have a single feed position, I would try either a plastic SWD M11-9 mag, a modified Madsen, or one of the South African M11 type mags (all three mags are meant to fit the same gun - so use whatever is easiest to get your hands on and try).
Old May 5, 2007, 04:30 PM   #3
douglasschuckert

Thanks....

It is the standard M10 grip that uses double stack mags. I can get the mags directly from Cobray for about $60.00 a piece. I was hoping that there was someone out there that either has a 'lot' to sell or knew of where metal mags could be bought reasonably cheaply.

I will be renting this SMG out, and I want to be able to offer pre-loaded mags. I've ordered about 50 .45acp mags and I want to purchase about the same amount in 9mm. The .22 upper uses standard RamLine 10/22 mags.

I don’t want to change grips... That’s not a cool thing to do with an M10. Why would anyone do that? If you change grips you loose the capability to shoot .45!! If all you want is a 9mm then go with the smaller (and more comfortable) griped M11.

When I shoot this gun, I love the .45 round (then again all I carry in self defense in a custom 1911/Baby 1911 BUG). The 230gr .45 is an AMAZING round! This is why I purchased the M10 to begin with.

Anyway, I thank you for your help!

Douglas