The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 19, 2015, 11:48 AM   #76
Dragline45

MPRO7 oil and Action Lube Plus moly grease.

Quote:
Rem Oil. Been made for 100 years. Laugh, but it works
So does Singer sewing machine oil, but neither are optimal. Rem Oil in my opinion is far too thin to be a good lubricant.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:51 AM   #77
WVsig

I think people way over think lube. Unless you are in a extreme harsh conditions for extended shooting sessions most stuff on the market will work.

You need to think about how to lube a particular firearm more then the lube of choice. For example Sigs like grease on the rails and like to be run wet. Glocks do not need to be as wet.

I find that ease of use is a major factor!
Old March 19, 2015, 02:25 PM   #78
BWM

Mobil 1 rem oil and rem dry lube One quart of Mobil # 1 will last you a long time even when your friends use it .
Old March 20, 2015, 02:12 AM   #79
passtime

Break Free CLP and Lubriplate SFL-0.
Old March 20, 2015, 07:27 AM   #80
seeker_two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelie_Fan View Post
Kinda shocked that, at this point, no one said K-Y.... ( at least not that I saw...)
After all, we're a snarky bunch.... Just sayin'...
Water-based lubricant....guaranteed to start rust. Might as well put your Glock in the dishwasher....
Old March 22, 2015, 06:41 AM   #81
cryogenic419

I've been using Mpro7 for all cleaning, Mpro 7 LPX oil , Mobil 1 grease, KG-10 moly dry lube for internal areas like triggers/sears/disconnectors. For just rust prevention on particular items I'm using Eezox.

The Mpro7 stuff seems to do really well at cleaning, switched over and haven't really looked back.

The Mpro7 oil is wet every time I pick up a gun that's been sitting for a while. Haven't had issues with any out of the ordinary wear or corrosion of any kind so I'm assuming its doing what its supposed to. Until I see signs that it isn't I'm sticking with it. I started using it on a gun that had always been problematic and a lot of these problems are now non existent. Could be the oil, could be that after more than 1000 rounds the gun finally broke in and decided to work right.

Mobil 1 grease I use on the rails of all my semi autos and on the outside of barrels especially where barrel meets slide. I'm not gooping it on, just rubbing it in with a qtip, a little goes a long way. Its probably overkill as far as lubrication goes for the guns but I've also not had any issues.

The KG-10 moly dry lube. If you're detail stripping a gun and have it apart just brush the working surfaces of your firing system with this stuff, let dry and reassemble. A little goes a LONG way. Its not going to make a horrible 8 lb trigger drop down to 4 lbs and feel smooth as glass, but it may help shave a few ounces off trigger weight and smooth out the feel.
Old April 1, 2015, 06:38 PM   #82
siloshooter

prolix

didn't read all the posts here , but i don't believe prolix solvent/lubricant was mentioned .

have used it for many, many years and it is simply outstanding ........ AND if memory serves me correct , is is made especially for firearms !