The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 20, 2011, 07:41 PM   #1
donbear

Remington Model 11

I have been hearing all types of stories about my grand-fathers shotgun. I have been writing them down so as to pass down the info as well as the gun. It is possible that my great-grand-father first owned this gun. I am looking for a good trust worthy gunsmith in central Louisiana to bring the gun to so it can be cleaned and fixed to be shot now. Wish me luck guys. signed Crazy Cajun
Old February 20, 2011, 11:30 PM   #2
SBD Firearms

Remington 11

The Model 11 is extremly easy to work on. I think you could learn alot and feel good about cleaning up your Grand Fathers Shotgun if you dive into it yourself.

If you choose not to or need help just ask I am willing to share knowledge with you!
Old February 21, 2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Goatwhiskers

donbear, pm sent.
Old February 21, 2011, 11:16 PM   #4
otisrush

I took my grandfather's Mod 11 out after about 25 yrs of hanging on the wall. First shot felt odd. Second shot moreso. I looked down: stock was splitting where the receiver and buttstock meet. Ugh!

OR

Last edited by otisrush; February 21, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old February 26, 2011, 11:49 PM   #5
sks

My dad has a Remington Model 11 that a guy gave to him in the 60s. One of his college buddies was moving and while helping him my dad found the gun in a closet. Guy said he didn't want it because it was rusted. The barrel had a bit of surface rust but that is all. My dad, being a good country boy, took the gun, cleaned and oiled it and to this day it works great. My wife used it last year on a quail hunt in LA. Nice gun