The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 3, 2000, 02:47 PM   #1
Jarhead_22

Cruising the gunshows here in DFW, all I can find are Wilson Combat low profile grips, and they are mighty proud of them. I'm talking $55-60 for wooden grip plates for a 1911 full size. Does anyone else make them or sell them? Thanks.

Jarhead out.

------------------
The gun you surrender will be melted down to form the chains you will wear from then on.
Old October 3, 2000, 06:39 PM   #2
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

http://www.brownells.com/Product/pro...1&CategoryID=0

1911 AUTO SLIM TECH GRIPS

Very Thin Panels Increase Gripping Ease For Smaller Hands
Ultra-thin grip panels increase your hand's pressure on the front strap and grip safety for a more secure grip, no matter what size your hand is. Thin contour helps cut down on unwanted bulk for carry or concealed pistols, plus corrects trigger finger address problems for shooters with small hands or shorter fingers. Durable, laminated wood panels are flat-top checkered in a beveled, double- diamond pattern to help increase grip friction. Complete with special, thin-line bushings and screws.
SPECS: Laminated wood, .150" (3.8mm) thick. Rosewood or Walnut color. Govt. fits Government and Commander frames. OFF. ACP fits Officers ACP. Ship wt. 1/2 lb.

$44.95
Old October 5, 2000, 01:25 AM   #3
VictorLouis

S&A sold me a pair of their micarta checkered ones. I had to get the hardware for the installation from Chip McCormick. Total investment last year was only about $50.
Old October 5, 2000, 08:49 AM   #4
Gopher .45

Chip McCormick has thin grips and has them for 1911s with ambi safeties. I believe the cost was $56 including the new bushings.

Regardless of where you get them, they make a big difference in the way the gun feels and also make it more concealable. On my Kimbers, I can now reach the mag release without on a minor change in the positioning of my thumb (as opposed to the whole hand). My wife can now right the thumb safety when shooting, something she could not do with normal grips (she has small hands).