The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 11, 2015, 05:29 PM   #1
rickyrick

ALG QMS great trigger for the price shout out

Since my AR pistol turned out to be more than a fun blaster and I didn't really like the Anderson trigger so much, I decided to try out ALG.

Very crisp and the pull seems much lighter than my others.
I touted CMMG as the best milspec trigger but now I must say the ALG QMS is better
Old November 11, 2015, 11:38 PM   #2
marine6680

I like the CMMG triggers,and it's probably the best parts kit trigger around... almost as good as the ALG.

The ALG just has a bit lest creep and pull weight than a CMMG
Old November 12, 2015, 12:33 AM   #3
rickyrick

Since the ALG cost almost as much as a whole cmmg parts kit, if have to say that the cmmg is the best value.

The Anderson trigger worked, but was sluggish to reset
Old November 12, 2015, 07:30 AM   #4
Mobuck

I've been buying LPK's with the QMS trigger included. It's cheaper than paying for a "throw away" FCG plus a QMS. Option B is an LPK w/o FCG and add the QMS a-la-carte.
I've only found one QMS that wasn't up to snuff. I'd send it back but it's in a lower I want to use next week so I'm just going to lube it and hope it smooths up some.
Old November 14, 2015, 08:53 AM   #5
Ibmikey

I too like the parts kits by CMMG, Aero and the ALG with QMS included....all three are like night and day from a GI set. I added a QMS to half dozen of my rifles that had horrible triggers included with the LPK before i found i could buy the parts as a kit. If I had only a few rifles each would have a CMC fire control group however with over twenty the ALG is a super alternative for a reasonable cost.
Old November 14, 2015, 12:56 PM   #6
rickyrick

Nice to know that you could get kits with ALG triggers in them.

I had various Anderson parts in other rifles and have been quite pleased, so I thought I'd give their lpk a try, especially because it had a stainless fcg. But I just didn't like the trigger. While manually function checking it was slow to reset and sometimes needed a tap. While firing it worked ok because of all of the dynamics going on.

Now had I kept this gun as a noise maker toy, I wouldn't have worried about it. But, I decided that this gun will be useful in other activities as well, I decided to put a trigger I trusted in it. Heard great things about ALG, so I gave it a shot.

Next lower will get cmmg kit. But for a trigger swap, you can't beat the ALG.
Old November 15, 2015, 08:51 AM   #7
srommes

I just put a ALG ACT trigger in one of my lowers and can't believe how nice it is for the money. It's the only replacement trigger I'll use going foward.