The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 31, 2009, 04:49 AM   #1
Derekadavis

P22 firing pin sticking

I know its a pos. First gun (young and dumb) cant sell. but aside from that, I went to the range and shot around 200-300 rounds though it about 2 weeks ago. no problems. yesterday took it to the range, got set up loaded a mag, chambered a round, took off the safety, aimed, pulled the trigger, and click!!. thought maybe a bad primer recocked pulled trigger and click. cycled the slide got a new round in there and click click click BANG!!! it finally fired. i tryed again and click, click, BANG! I put it up for the day. got it home got to looking at it. the firing pin is loose in the breech block. it moves freely forward and backward. no spring feel to it. when the slide slams forward when i release it the firing pin is pushed it where the hammer cant strike it. I dont know too much about the inner workings of a simi. Thanks in advance...