The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 21, 2000, 01:06 AM   #1
Doc Viper

There has to be more than me out here that like CAS?? Hope so.

------------------
Doc Viper, SASS 28026, WASA 570
Old April 21, 2000, 04:10 AM   #2
zip

oh yeah theres more than just you but its been slow here for the last few days im not sure were everybody went were ya from

Georgia Jake 29252
Old April 21, 2000, 04:23 AM   #3
terridarri

Your not alone, I just attended my first CAS, well actually Cowboy Mounting Action Shooting a week ago this last Wed., and went back this Wed. it was something I have never saw before and now I'm wanting to get a horse and participate, probably won't be able to this year but if they still have it next year I have plans on doing this. They just started this club in Springfield, Mo this year and they have alot of partakers, which is great because it seems to be a very fun hobby.

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT
Old April 21, 2000, 08:27 AM   #4
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Another CAS fan here
Terridarri, I'll be bringing some of my CAS firearms today, including my Rolling Block!
Old April 21, 2000, 08:31 AM   #5
Gunslinger

Howdy Doc and welcome to TFL. As Zip said we have just been a little quiet lately but there are cowboys here on TFL. We have had many interesting, informative and........eh....unusual conversations tucked away down here in the Cowboy forum. Go to the top right of the screen right after opening the Cowboy Forum here drop the box down and click on the maximum number of days possible. You can read some of our past discussions and get to "know" the TFL Cowboy members. Or better still just jump right in and start talkin' about most anything cowboy and you'll get responses. We some times get so starved for cowboy talk here that we'll talk about anything, which is evident by my lengthy post here about nothing.

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000
Old April 21, 2000, 08:33 AM   #6
Gunslinger

fal posted as I was typing. (fal, I was kinda hopin' you were bringin' some cowboy guns, 'specialy that big ol' Buffalo gun of yers. )

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000
Old April 21, 2000, 01:36 PM   #7
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy Doc,

There's a pretty solid core of CAS fans here-I think some of them got side-tracked by the recent server change,plus the fact that a lot of clubs are starting their shooting season after taking the winter off.

Bellicose Bill
Old April 21, 2000, 10:31 PM   #8
Joey

Howdy Doc, glad to see you droped in here. I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and not to long ago stumbled across the wire. Now the wire is my main source of info for CAS but TFL has all kinds of great info, it's just hard trying to visit all the boards I'm trying to keep up with!

------------------
http://www.dd-b.net/RKBA/ http://www.tcsn.net/doncicci/freedom.htm http://home.earthlink.net/~spwenger/spwenger.html
Old April 22, 2000, 09:28 PM   #9
Ned Roundtree

CAS, oh is that what this page is about. I only shoot it three or four times a month. Does that count?
Old April 23, 2000, 09:34 PM   #10
Dingo

Used to shoot Bullseye, then got hooked on IDPA, now it seems I shoot mostly 45Colt. It's really strange, I started out with a single action, then went to those new fangled self upchuckers and now it's back to the old thumb busters and it sure feels good.