The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 6, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
'88Scrat

KS pheasant season approaches

I was wondering if anyone has heard the forecast for this coming season? The last season was a joke unless you had private land, and even then was rough to say the least.

I used to be fairly good friends with a game warden who would give me the forecast early but he moved to Tennessee last year.

I'm getting the itch...
Old August 7, 2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Hansam

What??? Wisconsin pheasant season isn't for months yet!

I keep seeing pheasants along the road too whenever I drive through the country side. Of all hunting I love pheasant hunting the most so every time I see them hanging out or running along the ditches I start foaming at the mouth... not literally.

When does your pheasant season start?
Old August 14, 2012, 09:51 AM   #3
mdd

I am in north central Kansas west of Salina about an hour. All I can tell you is what I see for pheasant activity in my day to day around the farm and I haven't seen much. Its been so hot and dry here that it has taken a big toll on everything, pheasants included. I used to have them in my yard all the time but haven't seen one for a couple of weeks near my place.
Compounding this issue is the fact that a lot of prime pheasant habitat (CRP grassland) has been broke out and put back into production in the last few years. I hope I'm wrong but I would warn you to not get your hopes up for the pheasant season in this area this year.