The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 11, 2012, 03:52 AM   #1101
mcostley

hey everyone. New to TFL and glad to be here. Im from just outside St. Louis area. read alot of posts at random and lots of you seem very gun educated. I've been shooting rifles and shotguns since I was 12, but just got into hand guns a couple weeks ago, and Im I havin a blast. look forward to chatin with you all.
Old February 11, 2012, 10:20 AM   #1102
matthew261

This is an outstanding firearms forum and I'm really pleased to be a part of it. After reading several of your comments, I've found you to be a levelheaded and engaging group. Thanks for having me!
Old February 14, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1103
Hack

Not exactly new to TFL but been a lurker for a long time. Just introducing myself, a KY boy.
Old February 15, 2012, 03:11 PM   #1104
HCorpsman

Greetings From Alaska!

Hello Everyone,

I recently retired from the military and made my move to my retirement spot. I am living out in the bush off the grid, just south of Fairbanks. I will be building my cabin come spring and looking forward to that. I will be buying a Stag Arms 2TL AR-15 this next month and I will be doing my own reloads, so I wanted to join a forum to absorb some of the knowledge out there and bounce some questions off of everyone, that I know I will have. Looking forward to learning.

God Bless

Jeff
Old February 15, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1105
Arbuk

Greetings all

I am a new member from Michigan.
I am an avid 1911 shooter, great hobby.
I am trying to familiarize myself with the search tools
but please bare with me as I learn.
I have many more questions than answers.
I am about to get into reloading an find this community a
great tool to learn about it.
Thank you in advance for any knowledge you will pass to me.
Old February 15, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1106
carterjoseph87

Intro

Hey, I'm a Carolina boy, of the Southern variety(there is a difference), and a certified and verifiable Swamp Rat. Currently serving out my second four year sentence as an active duty Marine in the great state of Kommifornia. I love...guns. That's about it. I think jacked up trucks, ridiculous race cars and excessive camouflage are bout as useful as teats on a bull. I find any gunsmithing job to be a great experience. However, if you're all about rails, lights and laser beams, best steer clear. All they do is reduce the effectiveness of the Warrior and make it easier to find dumb soldiers. Nothing will ever replace irons. The AK is my baby, any variant, any caliber.
Old February 18, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1107
simonov jr

Newly old

I last visited in March of '07 according to my profile, before TFL went down. I stumbled across it again in researching something so thought I'd check out the "new" TFL. Good to be back here, I learned a TON about firearms and life in general from my fellow members when I was on here before...
Old February 20, 2012, 12:18 AM   #1108
vincent 71

Hey now!!

New here, checking in from NC. Broadening my horizons, learning something new every day. Happy to be onboard!
Old February 20, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1109
tr15

Hello,
I love to hunt, shoot and work on guns. I live in central Utah with my wife and kids.
I have researched and read posts from TFL for years and felt it was finally time to become a member. Sorry it took so long
I hope to continue learning about my hobbies and possibly contribute when I have something to add.
Nice to be here,
tr15
Old February 21, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1110
Johnnyfly41

New to Forum in NW Illinois

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and getting more and more in to shooting handguns.

I recently did the Frontsight 4 day handgun defense course which was beyond phenomenal.

I joined the forum to learn, current area of interest is in getting in to reloading. I have already found the forum immensely helpful.

to the moderators, you are doing a excellent job.

John
Old February 21, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1111
rhs77430

introduction

i'm robert, an army rotc cadet, soon to be a 2lt 11b
Old February 21, 2012, 11:48 PM   #1112

I'm 220 and I'm a shootaholic
Old February 24, 2012, 09:53 AM   #1113
agmfan3

KY Girl, or should I say KY Old Woman! I like my guns and dogs. Taking CCDW class. Glocked, Locked & ready to Rock.
Old February 26, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1114
WebleyBloke

This forum is an excellent source of information and insight. I've only been reading posts here a short while and have already learned a lot.

I own a few handguns and plan to shoot more often. A major regret is that my father's WW2 Luger and Czech rifle didn't end up in my possession. Put that down to increasingly restrictive firearm laws in the U.K. in the 60s and 70s.

I'm in the market for a WW1 Mauser or LE and this forum should help me to decide. OTOH a modern bolt action would be nice ....

Last edited by WebleyBloke; February 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old February 26, 2012, 06:36 PM   #1115
Drop13

Hello All

Hello all this is my first time on this type of site I normally do most research prior to asking question but lately I have been puzzled with reload issue and hope to get some help
Old February 27, 2012, 08:52 PM   #1116
TEEMEAD

TEEMEAD

my names tim, i was wondering about this enfield i got a while back. i'm new 2 TFL and don,t know how 2 do anything on here
Old February 27, 2012, 10:12 PM   #1117
strokercapri

new guy

hi i just started her with some questions on older guns i bought to restore mostly small calibor if anyone has a good round about knowledge please contact me
Old February 27, 2012, 10:29 PM   #1118
Canik

GREETINGS FROM PAKISTAN.

Hello to all, i m from Karachi, Pakistan.
Hope i will find good friends over here.
Old February 27, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1119
big boom

new shooter from DFW. I am new to handguns, and an semi educated in military surplus arms. I do shoot and enjoy black powder. I like the odd ammo guns, and powerful firearms. I do hog hunt, and enjoy other types of hunting, but hogs mostly. I am a country boy in the city so to say...I have lots of questions that have been answered by browsing the site for the most part. thanks for the help.
Old March 1, 2012, 07:16 PM   #1120
Mr H

My son just told me about you folks today... not sure how I'd not heard earlier!!

I live in Maryland (all sympathy welcomed), and am recently (2+ years) returned to the shooting world.

I'm an active member of Maryland Shall Issue, and am also a member of the NRA and SAF, as well as a frequent visitor of MarylandShooters.com and OpenCarry.org

Looking forward to good information and new ideas.
Old March 1, 2012, 07:18 PM   #1121
possum51

New from middle Ga

Hi folks, like what I've seen so far. retired Army and raised hunting and fishing, so not new to guns, but not an expert either. I enjoy shooting and finding out more about guns and ammo.
Old March 2, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1122
Crioche

Greetings

Hi,

I've rekindled my interest in firearms recently, having spent 22 years in the British Army as an Armourer where they were my way of life. I 'retired' in 2005 and now I'm a Police Officer in the UK. I often see colleagues wearing their Glock 17s and yearn to shoot again, but I've blasted thousands of rounds of all kinds of calibres and now it's someone else's turn to carry.

I look forward to our messages.

Mike
Old March 4, 2012, 12:33 AM   #1123
Rojodisco

Hello from Houston, Texas! I appreciate very much my 2nd amendment rights - I'm a pretty good shot if I do say so myself. I'm here to learn and share my own experiences with weapons. Glad to be here.
Old March 4, 2012, 10:47 AM   #1124
wizrd

New guy, here a couple days..

Looks like TFL has a decent amount of sane people contributing to the discussion. Like loud guns & sharp knives. Reloading, NRA Lifer, was an NRA basic pistol instructor for several years, RSO. Politically active pro-gunner. Just lurking here, studying at the feet of the Masters and trying to keep my constitutional rights in the hoplophobic state of NY.
Old March 5, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1125
fastrudy

Moved from NY State to Nevada just two weeks ago. Lived in NY for 61 years. Am currently waiting my 72 hours before picking up my Sig P250 (.40 S + W) and the wife's Sig P238 (.380 ACP). Looking forward to a free Muzzleloading class given at the Clark County Shooting Park on March 17th.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent