The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 24, 2008, 08:47 PM   #1
harli18

Need a laser sight for a 9mm pistol w/o rails

I recently picked up a 9mm pistol for my girlfriend (Hi-Point C9) . The firearm does NOT have accessory rails on it, but if I remember correctly there are laser sights that can be mounted to the trigger guard. Does anyone know of a brand or could you post a link?

I know that there are some grips that have laser sights integrated into them, and I'm not oppose to using one of these, but I don't think that they make them for a Hi-Point 9mm.

Damn CA. laws are so messed up that Hi-Point doesn't even sell the 9mm Comp model which has the rails on it...
Old April 24, 2008, 09:00 PM   #2
GTR645

Hey there,

I'm not sure if I'd be the most knowledgeable about these things, but you can check this out: http://www.beamshot.com/mounts_ut1_u...rd_mounts.html

Unless if you're looking for laser-only...how about lasergrips?
Old April 24, 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
harli18

That's the site that I just stumbled on. I belive that I need a p mount (P5A). Or I can use there univeral mount, but I'm looking for the best fit and a mount/laser that wont stick out too far past the barrel.

Im open to the idea of laser grips, but I don't think that they make them for Hi-Point firearms. If someone can prove me wrong, well pease do!

Are Beamshot lasers any good? And if I buy a beamshot mount, do I have to buy a Beamshot laser, or can any laser mount to it?

What are good lasers for a decent price? Shoot, it's going on a Hi-Point, I don't need the laser to cost more than the pistol...

thanks
Old April 25, 2008, 12:50 AM   #4
GTR645

Hmm, the Hi-Point C-9 looks like a nonstandard firearm so I think LaserGrips are out of the question.

As for the Beamshot mount, I think you can use any light since it's a Picatinny rail-style mount. HOWEVER, I'd venture a guess that the mount would stick very far in front of the barrel.