The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 17, 2005, 09:26 PM   #1
Casp_A

Grad gift to self!!!

Well, it's done. I've graduated from high school!!! No one's got the nerve enough to get me a gun for graduation, so they all just gave me money and I went out and got myself a present.

I went to the shop to see what kind of interesting stuff they had this time and I found this thing called the Remington 870 Tactical Magnum. There's nothing about it at any of the Remmy sites so I assume it's pretty new. 12gx3", 20" cyl barrel, tube mag extended to 7 rounds, LE forend, pistolgrip buttstock, and the reciever, tube, extender and barrel are all park'ed OD green. The tag said about $460-something. I pick mine up one week from Monday. Anyone else seen these things yet?

EDIT: Here we go, this is what I got: Guns America Classifieds - Remington 870 Tactical Magnum

Last edited by Casp_A; June 17, 2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old June 17, 2005, 11:08 PM   #2
jonathon

Definatly got the cool factor going on..

Me..

I just have a stock 1200
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old June 17, 2005, 11:33 PM   #3
3 weelin geezer

I bought me a pardner 12 Ga when I graducated too. I was in the same boat regarding the 'straw man' thing. They all said: get an Id and get it yourself. So I did. Still have that old thing and its still my favorite shotgun. Its now a 18" + adjustable choke I liberated from a semiauto I don't know what barrel in a bucket deal. Dont try shooting it like a pistol from mad max or you may have a new satelite named after you.
Old June 18, 2005, 01:00 AM   #4
Casp_A

Oh don't worry, I wasn't gonna try that. I don't need any more firearm related bruises. I finally understand what they mean by recoil after I pulled both triggers on my SxS simultaneously. But that's okay, my cheekbone took most of the force out of the blow, so my shoulder was only green for two weeks.
Old June 18, 2005, 04:14 AM   #5
SCCop

Haven't seen that particular model, but cops been using 870's for a LONG time with good results.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." Teddy Roosevelt
Old June 22, 2005, 12:46 PM   #6

Time for a Covert Squirrel Hunting Operation!! Yee Haw. That looks cool!!

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.smith-wesson.com
Old June 22, 2005, 11:57 PM   #7
yorec

Congrats on graduating! The gift to yourself - nice job. Enjoy, you got a good one. (Even if I haven't seen that particular modle 870 yet)