The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 29, 2009, 04:28 PM   #1
botachtactical

Botach Tactical

Hello.
My name is Dan and I'm a rep from Botach Tactical.

Here at Botach Tactical we ship out thousands of orders a day, and unfortunately there are orders that slip between the cracks or get mishandled, however making excuses certainly doesn't help the situation. I would like to rectify any negative experience you have had and encourage you to contact me.

[email protected]

Please let me know the issue you had, if you had a problem with any of our staff and what I can do to help you.
Please include as much information as you can i.e order number, shipping zip code, name on the order and your issue.

To regain your trust in our company, we would like to offer you a 20% off discount on ALL our items. Use coupon code 'ratings' at checkout.

Kind Regards
Dan
Botach Tactical

www.botachtactical.com
Old October 30, 2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Double Naught Spy

While I have been one to warn people of issues, I can honestly say that in the last two years, everything I have ordered from them has come reasonably quick. They even called me about some magazines not in stock (ran out) and I said to leave the order and later the same day, got an email that their new shipment had arrived and my mags were here two days after that.

Botach does have some outstanding prices on gear. I have purchased several optics from them when nobody else could touch their prices (in the normal retail world anyway). So the savings have been in the hundreds of dollars.

They do seem to be making a better effort recently and now than in the past.
Old November 4, 2009, 04:56 PM   #3
raydoctor

Recent good experience.

I'll echo what "DNS" has said above. I've had very good service from Botach the last few years.....I honestly never had any siginifcant problems in the earlier years either. I've ordered mags, slings, Surefire items, optics, mounts, etc.

After seeing Dan's post, I decided to take him up on that 20% offer. Late Friday night I ordered a new Aimpoint, ARMS Mount, Batteries, 2 ARMS mount spacers, and a single point sling. They are closed on Saturday and Sunday. It's Wedensday and I have all of the items sitting in front of my right now. The items were well packed and best of all I saved a $125 with the coupon code and the price was pretty damn good before I added the coupon!

In my experience, Botach seems to be on the right track.
Old November 10, 2009, 03:49 PM   #4
MudPuppyguns

Update On Botactical

I have been doing a lot of online shopping lately, and Botactical has been a prominent player. Let me just say that they are still doing very well at making us the customer happy. Not only do i find what I am looking for, but I am finding it at a significant price difference.

In example, I just bought 2, full size magazines for my pistol. Not the easiest to find, and always at least $34.95 any place I look.

Botactical has them for $19.95 New.

OEm not a knock off.

Needless to say, that allowed me to double my order.

Check first with Botactical. You may be able to double your order
Old November 10, 2009, 10:16 PM   #5
glockopop

I definitely had a good experience with Botach last week. Ordered 3 pistol mags, using the code listed here, and got them on time as promised. I'm definitely pleased and will use them again.
Old November 10, 2009, 10:41 PM   #6
mouse07410

Botach - so far so good

I ordered one item from Botach Tactical in the last month. While there was a minor mishap with email confirmation - the order arrived quickly, as promised, and in an excellent shape.

So +1 on "Good job Botach!" Keep it up!
Old November 11, 2009, 08:54 AM   #7
team101

Coupon must have expired.
Old November 11, 2009, 09:19 AM   #8
Latex Ducky

Is it expired? The 20% off was enough to get me to order some stuff I don't need but if it's expired... oh well.
Old November 11, 2009, 02:46 PM   #9
spdski

When something is in stock, Botach is great. The problem is that there is no way to know if it is.

I have had issues in the past a few times. The biggest one is that they put stuff in shipped status and issue a UPS tracking number when something is back-ordered.

If it is back-ordered, then just tell me. Don't lie and say it shipped out. I shouldn't have to call after a few days and ask why UPS never got the package.

I waited about 2 months for an eotech magnifier this summer.

Oh, and the coupon code doesn't work. Maybe the coupon is on back-order.
Old November 11, 2009, 04:48 PM   #10
MudPuppyguns

Coupon is still active

15% OFF ALL PRODUCTS VETERANS SALE !! Use " stimulus " As Coupon Code On Your Order Form.
Old November 13, 2009, 03:17 PM   #11
botachtactical

Botach Tactical

Hey guys,

Thanks for the encouraging news. As you know, we are always fighting for the best deals to provide our customers with quality items at a cheap price. Please check the website www.botachtactical.com for new coupons!
-Dan
Old November 13, 2009, 10:09 PM   #12
JeanClaudeSegal

Can you please help me with my order..I bought a Green Lasermax from your company..You sent me a UPS Tracking number and at the last minute you canceled it..ANd you labeled my account Pending Review...You have already Charged my Credit Card.. i left a message on your facebook but i didnt get a reply..Can you tell me what the issue is?And when will you send my order out?I have already CAlled twice to verify if you had the item instock..and your rep Dan said Yes..
Old November 14, 2009, 07:35 AM   #13
Double Naught Spy

Dan provided contact information in post#1.
Old November 14, 2009, 07:59 PM   #14
JeanClaudeSegal

i am still awaiting a reply
Old November 15, 2009, 01:07 AM   #15
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanClaudeSegal
i am still awaiting a reply
The OP presented clear and easy instructions regarding what to do if a person has complaints in the first post of this thread.

If you followed the prescribed procedure and have not received a reply to the email you sent then that is relevant.

If you have not followed the procedure then the fact that you have not received a reply is not relevant. The OP did not promise to visit this site daily or regularly so it is unreasonable to chide him for failing to provide a rapid response to what you post here.

In your next post on this thread state clearly whether or not you followed the prescribed procedure and emailed the provided address with your complaint so that the relevance of the lack of reply can be assessed.
Old November 16, 2009, 09:11 PM   #16
JeanClaudeSegal

Yes i have followed the procedure...To what was advised...I got back a phone call from them today..Stating that the item is not instock and that is why my shipping label was canceled..My only issue with this ..is that i verified if the item was instock before i made my purchase..Not Once but 3 times..I also spoke to Dan over His messanger Service and he verified that it was instock before i made my purchase..Also they labeled at the bottom of the invoice after your purchase that they will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped..My credit card was charged as soon as i made the purchase..Dan will need to clear this problem up before i cancel my order for a full refund...
Old November 16, 2009, 11:54 PM   #17
JohnKSa
Staff

Thank you for the clarification and the additional information.
Old December 3, 2009, 04:10 PM   #18
team101

The promotion is over. Beware, they still have items listed that are not in stock. I contacted them regarding an item, they checked and informed me it was not in stock and would not be in the future. When told the item was listed on their site as being in stock, the gent told me he was removing it from the site as we spoke. Weeks later.......the item is still listed and still shows in stock.

On the other hand, all items I did end up ordering were shipped timely and received in good condition.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; December 3, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old December 31, 2009, 09:48 PM   #19
JDSig

I originally was going to purchase some M&P 17rd Mags from Botach. I read some bad stories here and there around the net, then started seeing some improving posts that werent so old. I figured I would give it a try because of the good stuff I had seen. Plus with the coupon code, and best price on the mags I could find I was getting a pretty decent deal.

I got a shipping email with tracking a day or two after ordering, and they were at my door this past monday.

Im not a huge fan of the website and would like to see in or out of stock while browsing, but I would order again if the items were as good of a deal as I got on the M&P mags.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:20 PM   #20
botachtactical

Hi Everyone

Hi guys, its been a while since my last post.

Is there anyone who still needs help with past orders? Or those who would like help with current info?

I am always available via email at [email protected]

-Dan
Old January 21, 2010, 03:13 PM   #21
firespectrum

Has there been a change in management or some kind of massive overhaul at Botach in the last 6 - 8 months? I'm afraid that would be the only thing that would make me consider giving them another chance. The specifics of the problems I had make for a looong story, but sufficive to say I am now willing to pay extra to a firm that can actually keep track of their orders.
Old January 24, 2010, 11:41 PM   #22
bblatt11

I ordered from them once, and everything I ordered was great, but...

My debit card was hit with scam charges from known fraud sites shortly thereafter. I purchased one thing online within the time period ofthe data theft...from botach. After my bank and I sorted everything out, I gave botach a call to let them know of the possible security breach. Customer service told me a breach was impossible, could never happen, etc. I got the strong, strong impression that they wouldn't be doing any security checks.

So, WNDBWA until I have proof that they are doing regular internet security checks (unless I use something like those VISA throw away gift cards).
Old January 25, 2010, 09:16 AM   #23
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
My debit card was hit with scam charges from known fraud sites shortly thereafter. I purchased one thing online within the time period ofthe data theft...from botach.
The timing issue isn't diagnostic of anything.

bblatt11, while no credit card system is as secure as you indicate that Botach told you, just because you charged at Botach and something happened to your card does not mean it was a breach at Botach. The breach could have occurred at ANY company that has stored your credit card information electronically. It could have been stolen months ago during a transaction, but not used until now. I had a card charged with a couple thousand bucks worth of travel (tickets, reservations, etc.). The card had not been used in over 2 years. In dealing with the folks at Visa, they explained how such could occur.

So unless Botach is the only place in which your card has ever been used, then you can't say they are necessarily the problem.
Old January 26, 2010, 02:36 AM   #24
bblatt11

Double Naught Spy -
I get that the timing issue didn't necessarily mean it wasa lapse at Botach. My concern regarding future purchases there is that the person I spoke to would not even consider the outside chance that a breach had happened. It's that attitude that worries me more than anything else. As I said, my call was a courtesy call about a "possible security breach," and I made that call AFTER tracing the false charges with my bank.

Trust, but verify.
Old January 26, 2010, 12:54 PM   #25
UniversalFrost

do a search and see that Botach has issues in the past and present (as we are seeing with this thread).

great prices, but they are just a middle man for suppliers. (they take your money and then order from the supplier, then once they get it they ship to you).

got burned 2 times in teh past and will not go back to them. use the search function to see mine and many others issues with them.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green