The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 10, 2013, 04:56 PM   #26
jad0110

Quote:
We each save a set amount monthly and if we don't spend it, it just keeps rolling over. Hers is in the thousands. I think I have $3 and change...
That's better than my fund. I think I have about 12 cents .
Old February 10, 2013, 09:28 PM   #27
lee n. field

Quote:
Does this happen to anyone else???
I don't put guns on layaway. Scrimp, save and wait. Wait long enough, and my want list will change.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old February 11, 2013, 12:54 AM   #28
spanishjames

Quote:
I say as long as you use the same criteria Suze Orman would use to approve your purchases, then go for it and congrats.
And what criteria would that be?
Old February 11, 2013, 01:21 AM   #29
lamarw

Watch her show on Saturday evenings.

She discusses with people their financial management. She also accepts question on the last half of the show whether callers can afford items they want to purchase based upon certain critera as you put it. The criteria is based upon income, expenses (housing cost, car loans, credit card debt & etc.), property ownership, emergency funds on hands, investments, retirement funds and the list can go on to include things like student loans. It is pretty much an evaluation of a person's net worth and how the individual plans on paying for the item if they can afford to buy it. She then provides an "Approved" or a "Denied" based upon the person ability to afford an item they want to buy.

It is common sense, but it is surprising how a vast majority of folks through stupidity do not have a grasp of reality.

I am an old fart. So, on Saturday nights I am home watching tv. I realize many other maybe significantly younger and out kicking up their heals.
Old February 11, 2013, 01:45 AM   #30
jason_iowa

I want an 8 3/8 smith 500. I want to start reloading before I get one though. I cant afford to be shooting factory rounds