The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 2, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Vermonter

Camo Stock For Mossberg 500

I have been looking for an ATI/ Knoxx type camo stock for the 500. I am going to use the slug barrel and possibly a red dot optic or small acog style for slug hunting in NYS. I have shot in the slug barrel and combo scope that came with the gun but it doesn't fit me correctly.

I continue to find these six postiion folding stocks with a pistol grip and a recoil supressor for the 500 but they are all mall ninja black. This seems to be a good option but I would prefer camo. I was able to find a camo one for 149.99 and what appears to be the same dam thing in mall ninja black is only 59.99.

I have googled the hell out of this and even searched the thread so feel free to leave the "use the search feature" or "google it dude" responses out.

If anyone knows where I can find a reasonable price on one of these in camo I would appreciate it.

Vermonter
Old February 3, 2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Make your own.....

One mall ninja flat black stock, $59.

Two different colors of flat,duck boat style spray paint, $10.

Add creativity, shazam!!

Camo stock.

Redneck engineering rules......
Old February 3, 2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Vermonter

redneck solution

Thought of that and also purchasing one and camo taping it. I figure if I can find one already camoed I may as well do that. I am going to continue my internet searching.

Vermonter
Old February 3, 2011, 08:32 PM   #4
oneounceload

Saw a homemade one from someone - sorry I can't remember who or what forum - but they took local leaves - laid down a basic base coat of something flat, then placed various leaves (seemed to be mostly maple types IIRC), and used a different color over each one and overlapped them - looked great - I would hate to lay it down in a pile of leaves for a second - I would lose it seemed really easy to do