The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 14, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Dudley1944

I need a little tech informaton Highstandard S-101

I have this Highstandard Supermatic S-101 in really good shape and fires probably better than I deserve. However, having said that, With a round in the chamber and placed on safe it will not fire, and I'm thankful for that, but just as soon as I release the safety it will fire causing excitement beyond belief. I took the gun apart and checked the trigger and safety and neither appear to be worn or bent. ANY SUGGESTIONS will be greatly appreciated. I've worked on many weapons in the past but this is my first Highstandard Supermatic.

H
Old May 15, 2013, 10:57 PM   #2
+1k ammo

I know you are looking for answers, I have a classic supermatic .22 that I shot recently and it is quite nice.

However, I have worked on a number of guns, but sounds like you need to take to a gun smith pronto. That could be deadly - not for you but someone else.