The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old December 5, 2008, 02:10 AM   #1
Dead-Nuts-Zero

Wal-Mart Ammo...Getting scarce in your area?

How are the W-M stores doing out there, I notice they raise their ammo prices often, that I understand. However, the last few times I have bought ammo, they were either out or on their last box or two. I have this Obamonal discomfort that pulls me to the ammo counter everytime I go to WM. I always pick up 2 or more bulk packs of .22's, sometimes I get two of each brand they have. Never had a problem till last week or two, the 4 area stores I shop are all running low.

Not alone, Midwayusa had almost every brand of lower end brick ammo on back order about a week ago. This week, I had to call and ask if they had any bulk .223/.224 bullets in 500 or 1000 (had 100 packs only) and they said everything is getting hard to get. The Obamonal flu must be spreading like the Sana-Anna (sp) fires at a boyscout cook-out. :barf:

One last question.........WHat is the price of .223 Winchester white box bulk packs at Wal-mart? That's one I have not bought before, damn flu...gotta get get some of them too before it's all gone!

Old December 5, 2008, 03:06 AM   #2
Wildalaska

Quote:
The Obamonal flu must be spreading like the Sana-Anna (sp) fires at a boyscout cook-out.
Here we go again.

Dont panic. Many of the shortages you see are based on the usual end of year shortages in production coupled with high demand. Ammo is out there, trust me, I have two pallets myself coming. AR15s are out there, trust me, I have Colts coming. All is not lost.

WildyourshelvesshouldbefillingshortlyAlaska TM
Old December 5, 2008, 08:56 AM   #3
SilentHitz

WildAlaska is right, My brother is a dealer, and he's been seeing "out of stock" on a lot of ammo from several distributors sites. Two days later they had the .45acp and .5.56 I wanted, and ordered a case of each...simply a matter of supply and demand. Also ordered a bulk pack of .22 LR ( 6.3K rounds). Just gotta be patient and grab what ya want when it hits the shelves.
Old December 5, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4
fastforty

On the bright side, with a lot of manufacturers and retailers failing due to the economy (which I fail to see how the "Big O" is going to solve on his first day in office), we are supporting the ammo dealers and manufacturers so they can stay in business
Old December 5, 2008, 12:05 PM   #5
LongbowTap

In our area (Upstate SC) WalMart sells a ton and restocks almost immediately. The local Academy Sports has pallets of ammo - a bit higher in cost than WalMart, but lots of it. Their gun prices are also pretty reasonable on the ones I've looked at.

Wise men already have oil for their lamps - because you don't know when He is coming again (and a lot of ammo already in reserve).
Old December 5, 2008, 12:37 PM   #6
ZeSpectre

My local shops are looking kinda empty...but then again this happens every year about this time. I suspect that they'll restock soon.
Old December 5, 2008, 01:53 PM   #7
vytoland

W M sells.....reorders.....sells.....reorders.............get some WM stock and be happy
Old December 5, 2008, 02:10 PM   #8
BurkGlocker

Our local Wally World is getting pretty barren as well. They havent had any .308 Win in any brand since hunting season started, and everywhere else jacked up the prices. Thank God for my reload press...
Old December 5, 2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Michael A. Le Lack

Nobama:noammo

Isn't it hunting season?
Old December 5, 2008, 08:29 PM   #10
nikdfish

All the local WM's around here have stopped carrying the bulk pack .223 (100 round 55gr FMJ & 200 round 62gr HP boxes) - there isn't even a slot for it in the cabinet anymore. They still sell the 20 & 40 round packaging with various bullet weights, but the cost per round is much much higher...

Nick
Old December 7, 2008, 08:24 AM   #11
JagFarlane

Hmmmm well the local Wally world has done ok as far as 9mm and .22LR has gone. Their shelves are looking a touch bit bare, and they have yet to get in anymore .270Win. Picked up the last two packs of that a couple weeks ago and everytime I check, still out. Can't even blame hunting season here, as this part of the state is all shotgun.
Old December 7, 2008, 10:57 AM   #12
Chuckusaret

Wal Mart Ammo

Here in south Florida Wal Mart stays well stocked with ammo, but the prices do fluctuate. The white box Winchester (Target) .40 caliber averages $26 a hundred, PMC .40 cal anywhere from $67 to $70 for the 250 box and 12 gauge birdshot averages $5.50 a box of 25. Prior to Obama they had ammo sales, but not anymore.
Old December 8, 2008, 05:33 PM   #13
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Guys, this isn't the place to start a General Discussion on ammo pricing or availability. For Bud Helms sake, don't go to the GenDisc forum and start this there. We are already averaging 2 discussion a week there.

Off topic and closed.
Closed Thread