The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 12, 2000, 06:20 PM   #1
mongrel66

does anyone own one? how do they compare to aimpoint?..I have an aimpoint, but am disliking batteries
Old February 13, 2000, 05:09 PM   #2
Glock-n-Tankbag

I like it alot. It's so bright at night and day and does it all with no batteries. The only fault I can say is that on the one I have (6.5 MOA amber dot) it covers more of the target than I would like at 100yrds. It's not made for target shooting so I really shouldn't say that. It's main purpose in life is to get a shot off on human tagets as fast as possible and it seems to excel at that.I wouldn't know about the human target part but you get the idea .
Old February 13, 2000, 11:03 PM   #3
jcoyoung

Mongrel,

Still waiting for mine from Botach. GRRR

Can't beat the price though...

Jason

------------------
"Ray guns don't vaporize Zorbonians, Zorbonians vaporize Zorbonians" The Far Side
Old February 14, 2000, 10:16 PM   #4
Cliff

mongrel66 - I have one and am quite happy with it. Mine has the 4 MOA reticle.

I bought it because I didn't want to worry about batteries or on/off switches. The tritium system is rated for a minimum 10 year life.

One criticism I had read was that the amber reticle could not be seen against, say, an orange sunset. I doubt this is the case as the lens system on mine changes orange target spots to a dark grey. I think you'll like it.

I got mine through SWFA, Inc. - great service and fast shipping. The sight was $209.95 and the AR15 carry handle mount was $99.95. This mount also allows you to use your iron sights. That was my other criteria.

You can check their site out at: http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/trijicon/

Cliff