The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 19, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1
dab102999

across the toll road

Going to be taking a long weekend next week going from western mi to east ohio. Along the toll road. Going to visit some friends and was wondering if there are any good gun shops to stop and stretch our legs at on the way. We r going to end up in pa for a night but that is already planed out and figuring on stoping at cabelas in dundee on the way back monday morning but i sure would like to stop some places that got lots of used guns too. Any info would be great and thank you.
Old June 19, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Patriot86

If by "East" Ohio you are going to be anywhere near Cleveland then stop by top gun supply, they rock. I buy all sorts of stuff from them online and I have family in NE Ohio, about 15 mins from there store so needless to say I drop by every time I am in town.

Once upon a time I found a pawn shop in the Cleveland area with a LOT of invintory of older semi hard to find guns, I can't recall the name just that I found them by looking for W. German P226's on gun broker. I imagine if you did a little bit of internet investigating on GunBroker you might find the same place.
Old June 19, 2012, 01:58 PM   #3
buckhorn

If you're going to Dundee, watch for billboards advertising "Guns Galore" in Fenton Mich. Just off 23 before Flint. Dundee ain't that far from there. I've been to both several times, and changes are you'll spend all your extra time at Cabellas. They have a really nice Gun Library, and the restrooms are clean! Plus, they sell fast food. Last time I was there I spent 2 hours with a fellow gun enthusiast, just looking. "Guns Galore" has tons of used guns of all types. But it might be a little out of your way. Go to Cabellas!
Old June 19, 2012, 11:07 PM   #4
langenc

Price and decide what you ant then go to Guns Galore and buy it-50-100 bucks less. They are not known for showing you several guns. They work on commission and want to do you and move on.

There is a lot of traffic thru GG so they can do that.
Old June 20, 2012, 12:21 AM   #5
shortwave

FWIW, Friendly WARNING:

Canton, Ohio area does not have a very good reputation for being 'gun friendly'.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:35 AM   #6
dab102999

Thanks for the responces. Chardon is where i will end up on friday night and sat friends are taking wife and i to some haunted dinner type thing and will be heading back probably on sunday. So if sunday i figured cabelas would be only thing open. But if streatch it out to monday will try those other places. And thanks again.
Old June 20, 2012, 07:37 AM   #7
Patriot86

Chardon no bull? I have been there many times, Top Gun Supply is not far at all from there. If you have a spare moment head over to Middlefield (maybe 10 min drive) and gawk at the Amish.

TGS has some weird hours but they are open Saturday if you get a moment.
Old June 21, 2012, 09:11 AM   #8
shortwave

Quote:
If you have a spare moment head over to Middlefield (maybe 10 min drive) and gawk at the Amish.
Warning number two:

If you go to Amish country, DO NOT stop at Amish shops with wife.

Hard lessons are not soon forgotten.