The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old May 21, 2015, 10:29 PM   #1
rick9748

Upgrade sighti for IDPA

Have CZ 75 BD and would like to upgrade sights.Present ones are factory small dot.What would you suggest as a upgrade for IDPA?
Thanks
Rick
Old May 22, 2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Captains1911

With sights, a lot of it comes down to personal preference, but fiber optics are very popular with IDPA / USPSA. I have a set of Warren/Sevigny Competition with fiber optic front, and really like them. The rear is completely blacked out, and the front sight is considerably thinner than on other types of sights, which I have found allows me to acquire a sight picture faster, and still be accurate enough for IDPA. Dawson Precison sights also seem to be quite popular, and are very similar to the Warrens. However, I am unsure if these are offered for the CZ gun you have.

http://www.skdtac.com/Warren-Tactical-s/43.htm

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/Cate...ock+Sight+Sets
Old May 23, 2015, 12:03 PM   #3
RickB

A very popular combination is a narrow fiber-optic front, and plain black rear. You do still see white dots, wide fronts, fiber-optic front and rear, plain black, etc.
I don't like anything cluttering the rear but as noted, it can be very personal. Some really good shooters do "odd" things, changing a square rear notch into a pyramid shape, using dots on the front matched with a U-notch, but you shouldn't necessarily base your choice on what any one other person does with their sights.