The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 18, 2012, 11:38 AM   #1
aaronbagby

Lefty Galco Shoulder Rig Question

I'm looking into getting a shoulder rig for my Springfield Mil-Spec 5" 1911. I already have a great IWB holster for it, but sometimes it's just so uncomfortable (mainly behind the wheel). I'm mostly looking into the Galco Jackass for the diagonal draw. However, being a lefty has it's drawbacks. My question(s):

On the Galco site, it says I must order the components separately to "build" a lefty rig. I'm wondering if I do this, does Galco assemble the rig? Or do I receive the components separately and build it myself? If so, what sort of work goes into assembling the setup? Also, I know that Galco claims their shoulder rigs are designed for "hammer down" carry, but does anyone have experience with carrying Condition One with the Jackass rig? Thanks in advance.
Old April 18, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

I have a Galco for my P220. The magazine holders are either L or R handed, depending on which loop you use to attach it. My holster itself is for hammer down as it should be for a DA/SA pistol.