The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old August 3, 2013, 05:17 PM   #1
BerdanSS

How much for a Romanian UMC Cugir

There's one sitting in the LGS, 90% + finish on all metal parts. Nice looking wood on the stock, save for the couple of non matching plugs on the bottom of the forearm. Mirror bright bore, single shot with (if i'm reading it right) a date of 1956.

tag on it says $159 + tax, but pretty sure I could get it for $150 out the door.

Don't really know anything about these. Was just thinking it would make a heck of a plinker and squirrel rifle.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:29 PM   #2
SDC

It depends on what it is; Cugir is the arsenal (in the city of Cugir) where a whole BUNCH of different firearms are and were manufactured, so you'd need to lay out exactly which model you've got.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:40 PM   #3
mwells72774

Re: How much for a Romanian UMC Cugir

Ive got one thats been butchered. If you get it, might have to try and trade you out of it

They are modeled as UMC Cugir trainers. Great 22's. I had to d&t mine since the front sight was cut off and I dont like red dots. Mine is the model that had the dovetailed rear aight rail about 6" long.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4
BerdanSS

SDC

From what I can see there is no model present anywhere on the rifle. It is a trainer rifle, 26-28" heavy barrel. Mauser style safety, dovetail non adjustable v notch rear sight, dove tailed blade front.

Last edited by BerdanSS; August 3, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old August 3, 2013, 05:42 PM   #5
BerdanSS

exactly like this with the exception of a non-adjustable rear sight and no scope/sight groove in the barrel.

it's metal parts are about in the same condition as the one in the picture. Stock on the one that I found is nicer. looks to have been stripped and true-oiled.

Last edited by BerdanSS; August 3, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old August 5, 2013, 08:07 PM   #6
indy1919

Where else can you get a heavy barrel military 22 rifle like that for 165 bucks or so...

It looks cool, if you like it get it.... Heck even a cricket will cost about 100 bucks.. And this looks a heck of a lot more manly then a cricket...

If this will help you any, I think I am looking at the same rifle... Please for the love of God buy this rifle before me...
Old August 5, 2013, 11:06 PM   #7
BerdanSS

Haha

INDY

Shes all yours, I've decided to pass on buying another .22. I'm just going to use my 151 mossberg this hunting season. Got more interest in buying new game processing/packaging equipment.

If your looking at the one in camby in the back room I'd wager it's the same one. pretty nice other than those plugs in the bottom of the stock