The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old December 5, 2010, 03:25 PM   #1
walknotinfear

Glock 22 or Glock 35 ?

I put down 200 hundred dollars for a Glock 40. (22 or 35). I have to make my mind up if I will get the Glock 22 or the bigger glock 35 by Thursday 12/9/2010. I am shooting in the USPSA so what would you guys suggest? Should I go with the Glock 22 or the Glock 35? I am shooting production as of right now.

Also I may move up to the Limited division, Is the Glock 35 allowed in the Limited division for USPSA?

Is the Glock 35 allowed in the USPSA open division?

note, I do know if I plan on staying in production that I should shoot 9mm. I am still up in the air if I want to move to a 40. cal so that I can shoot in Limited division. I am so dawn lost.
Old December 5, 2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Jesse Tischauser

Go with the Glock 35. You can load minor 40 for production and then add some Dawson mag base pads and a magwell for limited. The Glock 34 is the most popular gun in production class. The Glock 35 is the most popular polymer pistol in limited division.

You will get more back out of a 35 than a 22 as well if you ever decide to sell.

Here a picture if my Glock 35 limited gun.

The work was done by Mike Cyrwus at Accurate Iron.

Extended beavertail
Scalloped stippled grip
Undercut trigger guard
JP ext mag release
Dawson Ice magwell
ISMI guide rod & 15 lb ISMI spring
4lb striker spring
3.5 lb disconnector
Dawson fiber front sight
Dawson adjustable rear sight

I use CR Speed mag pouches, CR speed inner belt and DA outer belt, and BladeTech black ice Drop and offset holster. Mag extensions are Dawsons A's well.

Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; December 5, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old December 5, 2010, 11:44 PM   #3
walknotinfear

WOW, it is a nice gun. I have decided to get either the 34 or the 35, just not sure yet.
Old December 6, 2010, 12:20 AM   #4
Steviewonder1

I have a G-35 and shoot it in Limited with 19 round mags. That is a 15 round factory mag with a +4 extension from one of several folks that make them. I have 10 mags devoted to USPSA Limited and load 200Gr bullets over a load of AA2 to make Major at 170PF, just over the required minimum of 165 PF. When I shoot IDPA for fun, I download into the 140PF range with the same 200 Gr Bullets. Heavy bullets shoot softer than lighter bullets at higher velocity to make the required power factor. Good luck with your choice. Yes you can shoot it in Open with lots of types of goodies, but you will be outmatched with the 1911 style of widebody guns with 1.5 lb triggers and 23-27 round capacity mags.
Old December 6, 2010, 08:21 AM   #5
Jesse Tischauser

Go with the G35 over the G34 unless you have the money to eventually buy both. The Generation 4 G35's just came out too. I wouldn't dive in and buy one just yet but it will eventually change the market on the Gen 3's.