The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 27, 2006, 06:30 AM   #1
areandare

Reloading case question

I am going to be reloading some 380's nd have been using wwb ammo with no problems ad tried a box of remington and had some stove pipe /jamming issues with it. My question is shouldI not reload the rem because of this or is it not a case issue and may work fine reloaded???
Thanks
Old December 27, 2006, 07:46 AM   #2
ammo.crafter

Reload a dozen Remingtons using your same recipe and see how your reloads function. Perhaps the factory loads were under-powered in some way.
Old December 27, 2006, 09:29 AM   #3
XD-Guy

It has been my experence that most stove pipes are due to a light powder charge. Then again ....... what kind of gun are you shooting? Perhaps your slide has a heavy spring.
Old December 27, 2006, 10:04 AM   #4
Crimp

The only thing I've noticed between the WIN and REM brass is the REM brass seems softer. Miking the heads after firing shows the REMs to have expanded more than the WINs. So, I normally sort the brass and keep the REMs separate. I don't think there's anything wrong with REM brass, it's just "different" and I don't think that's causing your problem.
Old December 27, 2006, 11:51 AM   #5
XD-Guy

Crimp, it's not softer, its thinner measure the thickness of the side walls you'll see
Old December 27, 2006, 12:00 PM   #6
areandare

Bersa

My gun is a Bersa 383 and I will be reloading for this gun for the first time. I have only reloaded lead swc in the past so i guess on the jacketed bullet i just measure the oal and adjust the bullet accoringly. Thanks for the tips.
Old December 27, 2006, 12:04 PM   #7
sanson

you can clip a little off the spring. (get a spare first). I had a 22 auto that stovepiped on anything but stingers. clipping the spring cured that
Old December 28, 2006, 08:21 AM   #8
Crimp

REM brass

Quote:
"Crimp, it's not softer, its thinner measure the thickness of the side walls you'll see" --XD-Guy
Thanks, XD-Guy. You're right!