The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 3, 2000, 08:39 PM   #1
smooreuofa

Hello,
A customer brought me a 22 take down pump for repair. The only marking on the gun is Premier. It has one take down screw and an exposed magazine tube and an octogon barrell. The gun breakes into two halves down the sight plane. You get a left and a right slab when dis-assembled. One half has the hammer, trigger and stock the other half has the barrell and slide assembly. It is similar to a stevens 29 but not exactly. The bolt has prominate "hook" on the bottom rear. The firing pin and other parts seem to be missing. Can you help identify this rifel. "Primer" is stamped on the top of the barrell about 4 inches in front of the bolt. I have looked in The Gun Parts catalog but it was no help.
Old February 4, 2000, 01:55 AM   #2
Steven Mace

Smooreuofa, it sounds like you're describing a Stevens Model 75. Try visiting http://www.savageparts.com/2975.htm to see if this is the gun in question. This company, the Small Arms Shop specializes in obsolete Savage & Stevens parts. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical
Old February 4, 2000, 09:05 AM   #3
smooreuofa

Hello Steve,

I checked the link and that is not the gun that I am working on. The gun that I am working on has a small pin that sticks through the receiver on top so that you can feel it with your thumb to let you know that it is cocked. It also has a cross bolt safety and a bolt release on the right lower front of the receiver in front of the trigger. Also, there are two screws that secure the fore piece to the slide action. The barrell is drilled for a scope mount just in front of the receiver. Hope this helps.
Thanks,

Scott Moore
Old February 4, 2000, 09:32 AM   #4
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Smaruffa?
According to my records:

Priemier
Trail Blazer Stevens 29A Hammerless Pump action .22 caliber rifle Made from 1929 to 1967

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited February 04, 2000).]